cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget NOT got checked during GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a budget of total USD 53500, against Project (say P-0001)

A PR in EUR generated and PO also created (converting the value to USD is 53177)

But when GR is done because of that day's exchange rate the actual comes to USD60000 and get posted.

The available budget is showing in negatiive now.

My question why budget exceeding error has NOT come while posting and why system has NOT stopped us without having budget.

In our budget profile below are customization setttings :

Availability control against: Overall

Availability control against: Budget

Availability Control in the Controlling Area Currency: USD

Activation type: Automatic activation during budget allocation

Telorance setting set for All activity group (++) with warning at 90% and error at 100% .

Earlier in other projects we were getting the BP602 error message.

Please let me know why this time it doesnt.

Thanks and best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing with half answer of applying the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check two things in your budget profile.

1) The currency for the budget profile- set it to transaction currency

2) Check the exchange rate type - set it to one that you use in FI

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The currency set in the budget profile is CO area currency.

The exchange rate is maintained everyday and at the time of GR the system is picking that days exchange rate and posting actual, without checking the budget. As per my knowledge whenever the assigned value is changed activity control starts working.

But in the above case it does not. Please help me out, why this has happened?

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you set Budget Currency as "Transaction Currrency" and also check the date for exchange rate type setting it to current date?

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Could you tell me why are you asking for changing the project profile settings, because we have budgeted the project and after that it would not advisible to change the budget settings.

Let me clarify my requirement again:

In that project the Budget is USD53500 and the day when PR and PO was done exchange rate was 1.2633USD and total commitment(EUR42100) was USD53184.93 i.e. within budget.

During GR the exchange rate was 1.4267USD which leads to actual (EUR42100) of USD60064.07, and surprisingly was posted.

Client wants to know why system has NOT stopped throwing budget exceeding error?

Hope now requirement is clear,

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also encountered the same thing,

It can happen that PO value has suppose exchange rate of 50.75 INR, whereas your GR has value of 68.15 INR, because of your current exchange rate.This increased your GR value more than PO and might be above your budget, which lead to available budget as Negative.

Now question is why AVAC didnt check while GR.

As a standard SAP Practice, AVAC will not check commitment against budget, while creation of GR.

Refer SAP Note: 46209.

If you want AVAC to check during GR, Implement SAP note- 696362.

Implement the note.

Thanks,

Nitin Ghadge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the reply, I'll check this and come back. One more thing for your information the Network header under which network activity and the PR is the system status has set CSER status is it because of this or there is some other reason also?

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The note should take care of the issue, but I guess even otherwise when MIRO is done for the PO line item, the budget check should happen.

Regards

Srikrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikrishna,

During MIRO also system is NOT throwing any error, means budget check is not happening. Have you any idea about:

How system will pick the exchange-rate from OB08? (When we are doing GR today what rate system will pick, today's, yesterday,s OR some average)

{For this project during MIRO system is taking GR,s exchange rate, but for one other project in the same system during MIRO it was taking the latest exchange-rate defined in OB08!!!!!!!}

I'll appreciate if you can clarify this.

Best regards,