cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt regarding testing Soap scenario (HTTPS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a scenario where a Bapi functionality(server proxy) is exposed as a webservice .

So scenario will be SOAP -> XI -> Proxy (calls a BAPI).

I need to use https for this scenario. I have read most of the blogs and threads regarding this and will proceed accordingly.

I have a simple doubt :

After configuring a scenario to *only* accept a Soap message with appropriate valid certificate -

If I have to test my scenario using XML spy, how can I attach a certificate to Soap request in XML spy?

Or is their any feature available in XMl spy or in Xi itself to do these kind of test?

or please suggest me a work around to test the scenario configuration with certificates.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Xi Queries.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

With XMLspy you can't test the HTTPs scenarios. XMLspy is not supporting an SSL stream, because it is encrypted. Only the two endpoints/systems that are started with the SSL session can decrypt one anothers' messages.

You need to use the SOAP teat tools which can support the SSL certificates.

For e.g. soapUI can be good tool.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for clarification.

So, SOAP UI supports SSL communication.

Can you please share some more details, regarding SOAP UI - Download links, using it with SSL etc.

(Appropriate point already awarded to you )

Kind Regards,

XI Queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can download this tool from below url & also Refer with step by step approach given below in the url.

http://www.soapui.org/new_and_noteworthy_17.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

I would like to know :

What happens when a check for certificate validation fails in XI? It may be due to invalid certificate, expired certificate or a request from unauthorised user-

- Will it be raised as a exception and we need to do some configuration to inform it back to Sender?

- Will the message fail in Moni with red flag ?

- Alerts will be created ?

Please share your experiences and expert sugestions.

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,

XI Queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- Will it be raised as a exception and we need to do some configuration to inform it back to Sender?

yes, it should rasie exception

- Will the message fail in Moni with red flag ?

yes, it should fail in SXMB_MONI

- Alerts will be created ?

yes, You can set the alert notification

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (0)