cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP GUI programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm quite new to programming GUI:s in ABAP so I have a general question for you guys.

What are the best options in terms of ABAP language elements(module pools / reports / ABAP Objects ALV classes) to use for programming low to medium complexity GUI:s in ABAP? A typical scenario is that I need a simple selection screen for the user to make restrictions and then to generate a second screen with a list/table of data to be viewed and maintained by the user, the maintained data will then need to be saved into custom transparent tables when the user presses save - how would you program such a program in general terms?

It is a plus if your proposed approach uses controls that can be translated to webgui.

Any help appreciated,

Regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186741
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

from what you say I think the best and simplest way is to let sap generate maintenance dialogs for you rather than do the programming yourself. This can be done from the data dictionary(SE11/SE12) for your custom tables. This will stop you having to reinvent the wheel.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto SE38 and give DEMO* , lot of examples can be seen

Former Member
0 Kudos

An example program would be nice!

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Go to the Tcode ABAPDOCU.

OPen the node ABAP User Dialogs->SelectionScreens.

YOu can find so many useful examples.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Srikanth Kidambi, could you perhaps clarigy your answer a bit? Do you have any example code?

/ Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Christian,

what topic you need further explanation ??

i will be posting a small program with selection screen & some result.

regards

srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Christian,

As per your requirement, you need to develop a custom REPORT(in SAP terminalogy,we call it as). normally a report consists of a selection screen(where User may enter some Input values) & based on that we will fetch the database tables with the given criteria by the user & get the details & display the result as output(we call report output as LIST). this report we call it as BASIC REPORTS.

if user requires any further functionality after this, we develop INTERACTIVE REPORT, which is nothing but after displaying the LIST(report OUTPUT) user can select/deselect some of the records & requests for further processing.

so in your scenario,

you have to develop

1. a selection screen with the given fields

2. a basic list, with all the details,what user wants

3. take the selected records from the LIST(report Output)

and updating the database.

pl revert, if you need any clarifications

Regards

Srikanth

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Selection-screen + List output : Use NOrmal Reports

2) Selection-screen + List output + Maintenance : Use ALV reports with editable rows.

3) NOt so many records to be updated, then go for Dialog Programming with table controls

Regards,

Ravi