cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Executing Web-Based Queries in NW04s - BPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Encountered Authorization error when trying to execute a web based planning application with tcode bps-bc (Web Interface Builder) in NW04s.

User tries to execute the web based application ZSSAL_CTOTALS for salary cost center 100506 as shown below. Got an RFC error. the detail RFC error 'The error indicates this user doesn’t have authorization for ZSEMHR0* cube but this user does have analysis authorization for ZSEMHR with activity 02, 03, 29 and 66." However, when I changed the assigned role with analysis authorization in S_RS_AUTH and bring in S_RS_ICUBE and authorized the user with ACCESS TO iNFOcuBE S_RS_ICUBE ZSEMHR*, this user is now able to execute the web based BPS or planning report for cost senter 100506: This should not happen giving the fact that analysis authorization for query execution doesn’t check for S_RS_ICUBE.

Is analysis authorization developed for web based reports or queries?

Please advise.

Best Regards

Maurice Ndnasi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

klaus_werner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maurice,

I agree with you that for execution this should not be checked. I don't know tcode bps-bc, it doesn't exist in my system, however, I could imagine that it checks for the access to the InfoCube definition (which is still authorized independent of analysis authorization). Please run an ST01 trace (switch on only authorizations) to see what is really checked. If it is the subobject DATA in S_RS_ICUBE then I would consider this actually an error which should be logged in an SAP message. If it is DEFINITION then you have to give the user authorizations or execute in the Web without going through the transaction.

REgards, Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did run a trace and yes, it is checking for subobject DEFINITION in S_RS_ICUBE. So what does this mean? Should we then reinsert S_RS_ICUBE

into the role?

Thks

Mau

klaus_werner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, it does NOT mean, that you don#t need S_RS_ICUBE anymore at all. You need it to display or change InfoCube definitions and the like, it's just for the mere execution in conjunction with analysis auths that S_RS_ICUBE is not required anymore. Yes, if you want to work that way you have to include S_RS_ICUBE with the right authorizations.

Regards, Klaus