cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access Windows network based files from Unix based system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

It would be great help for me if I get an answer.

We have installed PI system in UNIX platform.

XI/PI interface should pick the files from windows environment and are in same network (LAN). So, How can I do the mapping or settings for acheiving this. I dont want to do with the FTP and want to go ahead only with NFS. Its a business requirment.

Thanks.

Chen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct answer is TO install NFS Server and Client at Windows environment AND create a folder and mount that folder.

Most of the windows NFS clients will understand the Unix enviroments.

This is not only the solution but many others and I have choosen this solution for finishing.

All the best any one is trying.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Share the windows folder and try mapping it from Unix server

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

I know that you are an expert. But not expected this kind of solution.

I posted this after trying it all. The requirement is specific. Since I am trying to access files from Unix Operating System to Windows OS. Where files willl be located at Windows.

However thanks very much.

Thanks.

Chennai.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Chennai,

>>I know that you are an expert.

I didn't know that

>>I posted this after trying it all.

You should have mentioned this with your question post.

>>Since I am trying to access files from Unix Operating System to Windows OS. Where files willl be located at Windows.

Can you elaborate what steps you have tried?

I was suffering to samba mount (eg smbmount //windowsmachine/share /path/where/to/mount )

BTW one suggestion from me":

this is a community forum where people reply based on their past experience and knowledge. So that they can help the people in need. A reply like this

>>I know that you are an expert. But not expected this kind of solution.

may be taken as an offend by someone who is trying to help you. So try to be little polite, because here you are the who need help and so you need to hear (and if necessary try) each and every suggestion posted by forum member.

Thanks & Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chennai,

This is very unprofessional way to reply to a person who is trying to help you. You can always discuss if you did not like the solution. Nobody is expert here.... Everybody use sdn to learn new things...

I hope you will let us know once you find the solution to your problem

Thanks

Inder