cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually, I am working on FILE->XI->RFC scenerio.The custom Function module created is the merging of 3 BAPIS which is used at the receiving end.But ,the Custom Function Module is having the response structure also while I need to work on Asynchronous scenerio.

From my understanding if I need to use the Asynchronous Adapter such as File for synchronouse communication then I need to write the Adapter Module.So if I need to use File for Synchronous Communication shall I need to write the Adapter Module for that?

Also,from my understanding if the custom BAPIS(RFCS) are merged into the custom Function Module then it is obvious to have a response structure as RFCS are used for Synchronous communication.Is it?If so, then I can neglect the response structure of the Custom Function Module if I need to implement the Asynchronous File->XI->RFC scenerio.Is it?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

>>From my understanding if I need to use the Asynchronous Adapter such as File for synchronouse communication then I need to write the Adapter Module.So if I need to use File for Synchronous Communication shall I need to write the Adapter Module for that?

Not necessary, you mcan make use of ResponseoneWayBean

>>Also,from my understanding if the custom BAPIS(RFCS) are merged into the custom Function Module then it is obvious to have a response structure as RFCS are used for Synchronous communication.Is it?If so, then I can neglect the response structure of the Custom Function Module if I need to implement the Asynchronous File->XI->RFC scenerio.Is it?

Yes you can neglect teh response, use the file adapter QoS mode as EO or EOIO

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for the reply.

Means, if I need to implement the Asynchronous Scenerio I need to neglect the RFC Response Structure.Is it?If so, then please tell me how can I use the RFC response structure if i need to implement the Synchronous Scenerio?

you mcan make use of ResponseoneWayBean

Please, give me the step by step procedure of how to use the ResponseoneWayBean?

Thanks in advance.

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shweta ,

I mean . If you want the response back and is used for any other purpose we need not neglect.

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RamKrishna,

Thanks for the reply.

If you want the response back and is used for any other purpose we need not neglect.

Means,if I need no response back then I can neglect it.Is it?

Also,is it obvious that RFC Structure will have a response structure as it is used for Synchronous communication?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Shweta Kullkarni on Sep 14, 2009 8:56 AM

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi swetha,

it can be ignored if you dont require the response.Follow the experts solution mentioned above.

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RamKrishna,

Thanks for the reply.

Please tell me the following.

Is the following document applicable for my scenerio?

[https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File%28Without%20BPM%29]

Also,please tell me the following

-No. of Data Types,Message Types

-No. of Message Mappings,Interface Mappings

-No. of Sender Agreements,Receiver Agreements

-No. of Receiver Determinations,Interface Determinations.

Please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Shweta Kullkarni on Sep 14, 2009 9:16 AM

Edited by: Shweta Kullkarni on Sep 14, 2009 9:17 AM

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi swetha,

THe document is applicable for any kind of FIle to RFC to File scenarios.First try to do the scenario as it was given in the wiki and do try to Play around with module configuration.

All those objects are same as mentioned in the wiki

Thanks,

Ram.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

>>Means, if I need to implement the Asynchronous Scenerio I need to neglect the RFC Response Structure.Is it?If so, then please tell me how can I use the RFC response structure if i need to implement the Synchronous Scenerio?

Yes, for asynchronous neglect the Response structure.

For synchronous, check this http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/20cc5dc2180733e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

create the scenario as a normal sync to sync scenario (in IR) and in ID use sender File adapter and Receiver RFC and Receiver File adapter (for response )

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RamaKrishna,

Thanks for the reply.

All those objects are same as mentioned in the wiki

Means,I need not implement the Adapter Module just need to add the following

1 Data Type(Response)

1 Message Types(Response)

1 Message Mapping(Response)

1 Interface Mapping(Response)

No changes in Sender Agreement,Receiver Agreement,Receiver Determination.

Is it?

Also, which RFC structure(Request/Response) shall I include in the Interface Determination as the Inbound Interface?

Please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for the reply.

Please tell me the following.

Is the following document applicable for my scenerio?

[https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File%28Without%20BPM%29]

Also,please tell me the following

-No. of Data Types,Message Types

-No. of Message Mappings,Interface Mappings

-No of Communication channels(3?)

-No. of Sender Agreements,Receiver Agreements

-No. of Receiver Determinations,Interface Determinations.

-Which RFC Structure(Request/Response) shall I mention in the Interface Determination?

create the scenario as a normal sync to sync scenario (in IR) and in ID use sender File adapter and Receiver RFC and Receiver File adapter (for response )

Means,I need to create 3 Communication channel.Is it?

Please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Shweta Kullkarni on Sep 14, 2009 9:42 AM

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

>>Is the following document applicable for my scenerio? https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File%28Without%20BPM%29

Yes very much.. BTW where you want your response to be written?

>>No. of Data Types,Message Types

2 Data type (Data type for sender file say DT_A, Data type for getting response from RFC say DT_A_resp)

2 Message Type (corresponding Message type say MT_A and MT_A_resp)

1 RFC structure

>>No. of Message Mappings,Interface Mappings

2 Message mapping (from MT_A to RFC and from RFC_response to MT_A_resp)

1 interface mapping

>>No of Communication channels

3 one for sender file, one for RFC (receiver) and one as receiver file

>>No. of Sender Agreements,Receiver Agreements

1 with File sender

>>No. of Receiver Determinations,Interface Determinations.

1. Between file service and RFC service

>>Which RFC Structure(Request/Response) shall I mention in the Interface Determination?

Mention RFC (not the response one)

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for the reply.

2 Data type (Data type for sender file say DT_A, Data type for getting response from RFC *say DT_A_resp*)
2 Message Type (corresponding Message type say MT_A and *MT_A_resp*)
1 RFC structure

Means, 1 Receiving Data type and corresponding Message Type will be the RFC Structure.In that sense I need to create the

1 Data Type while the other data type can be imported ar the RFC Response structure.Is it?

Thanks in advance

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 data type for sender file (this structure will accept the input from file)

1 RFC Data type

1 data type for getting the response from RFC (suppose RFC retunrs 100 field but you rouptu file requires only 10 then you need a structure for douing teh message mapping, In other words this is the output file structure)

Regards

Suraj

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi swetha,

Both the data types that you create are for File only not for RFC .Because the RFC s that you import under Imprted objects will serve as Message types whilemapping.

Mapping are between:

1. MT of filesender(That u create) to RFC Request msg.

2. RFC_response to MT_FileReceiver(that u create).

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for the reply.

Sender Data type meeans the File Input which may have the fields, say, a,b,c,d,e etc.It is the request Data type that I need to create explicitely.Is it?

While the Response Data Type is nothing but the imported RFC RESPONSE STRUCTURE?I need not create it explicitely.Is it?

The Message Types will be created according to these 2 Data Types .Is it?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RamaKrishna,

Thanks for the reply.

Both the data types that you create are for File only not for RFC .Because the RFC s that you import under Imprted objects will serve as Message types whilemapping.

Mapping are between:

1. MT of filesender(That u create) to RFC Request msg.
2. RFC_response to MT_FileReceiver(that u create).

Means, I need to mention the 2 Data Types which will be having File Inputs .

Is it?

Thanks in advance.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Sender Data type meeans the File Input which may have the fields, say, a,b,c,d,e etc.It is the request Data type that I need to create explicitely.Is it?

Yes

>>While the Response Data Type is nothing but the imported RFC RESPONSE STRUCTURE?I need not create it explicitely.Is it?

Yes.. even if the structure is same I will suggest you to recreate it

>>The Message Types will be created according to these 2 Data Types .Is it?

Yes

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please tell me about the number of Message Mappings and Interface Mappings, also,how will be the Message Mapping Mappings(Between Request & Response Message Types) and Interface Mappings.

Thanks in advance.

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Two message mappings

1. MT_filesender to RFC Requestmsg .

2. RFC Response msg to Mt_Filereceiver.

Interface mapppings will be one in this case.refer the step 5 for the details with screen shot , why only one interfacemapping.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(Without+BPM).

Thanks,

Ram.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

There are two ways of handling Async to sync scenarios

1.Using BPMs: This is the general approach for this kind of scenarios.

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

2From the SP>=19 Its possible to do Sync to Async scenarios with out BPM just by using Adapter module configuration(modules provided by SAP).

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(Without%20BPM).

In your case RFC response need not be neglected .

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RamaKrishna,

Thanks for the reply.

In your case RFC response need not be neglected

Means , I need to consider it.Is it?If so then please tell me how can I use it in the Asynchronous scenerio?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

If you want to have a synchrounous interface, there is no need of writing a new adapter module. There is a module which is already available in XI, which can be used to achieve the functionality of synchronous messaging using File adapter.

Please refer to the link below for details.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file%28without+bpm%29&;

Link for adapter modules in XI:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/84/e8763c997fda50e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sarvesh Desai