cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits of using POWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know the benefits of POWL over the WD VIEW. Why we use POWL instead of WD View, while making a View is much more

easier then POWL.

Regards,

Pankaj Aggarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

One more thing, usage of Business Objects makes it easy to perform further navigation based on actions and to i-view directly, over the different target, (WDJ i-view and abap in multiple releases)

Regards

Senon

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can i get more inputs on this, please.

Regards,

Pankaj Aggarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Refer these benefits taken from http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Found/POWER+List

Fast information access for users and comprehensive overview of the work environment and all related business objects leads to enhanced user productivity and supports sound decision making

Users can start their daily work based on their personal operational queue leading to increased employee efficiency

Lower TCD through a central reusable framework providing a homogenous User Interface for object work lists across user roles.

I hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pankaj ,

POWL (Personal Object Worklist) is an ABAP Web dynpro based application. these are the quickest and most convenient way for u to access the objects you need to translate. Translators can call up personal worklists in transaction SE63 after the system has been completely set up for translation.

If u translate your objects via a personal worklist, you do not need to know the object types or technical names of the objects relevant for translation.

u might find this link helpful :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/42/dcb7608d23162fe10000000a1553f7/content.htm

I hope it helps

rgds,

amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

POWL is a personalized view, if you know the personalization framework, where we have setting for a particular user, POWL acts the same way. We can have specified queries per portal user in the POWL. Moreover if you have the feeder class, and the queries in place, the UI is generated from the FPB framework. The customizing in the SPRO makes it very much flexible to add new queries etc, which will be very painful to achieve in WDA.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Senon