cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting date different from billing date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a billing document with a specific billing date. This document was created but still not released to accounting.

I want to release it to accounting but with a different posting date. I want to keep the original billing date in the SD, but give a different posting date in the FI for the accounting document.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Ofer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

Lakshmipathi, I read this not, but we are in 4.7 yet so it is not relevant for us.

Harpreet, my requirement was not to change the billing date.

Ivano, I guess your solution about the userexit is my only solution.

Thanks all

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at note 1164504

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use T code. VF02 and goto Header, change the billing date and release it to accounts. Posting date would change as mentioned billing date.

Thanks

Prasada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasada,

But your suggestion will change also the billing date.

I want the billing date to be different from the accounting document posting date.

Is it possible?

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor

Hi Ofer,

in the standard it is not possible.

Filed BKPF-BUDAT is filled with VBRK-FKDAT. I t is hardcoded.

The lonely possibility is a userexit. EXIT_SAPLV60B_001 is the most suitable.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ofer,

If you Goto VF02 > HEADER and change the Billing Date then it will just affect posting date of your accounting document. Your invoice creation date will remain the same and wil not change. It will only affect the date in accounting document.

Regards

Harpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Billing date is the date on which your billing documnet has been created (whether posted to accounting or not).

Posting date is the date on which you are releasing that billing document to FI accounting. Also you can check these in BSID/BSAD/BSEG tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

But if I have a document that was created yesterday, and I am releasing it to today to the accounting, in the accounting document the posting date equal to the billing date which is yesterday.

The entry date of the accounting document is today, but the posting date is the billing date.

Thanks

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to release the Billing to Accounting on a particular date, You have to goto Transaction code FB01 and give the DOCUMENT DATE and POSTING DATE separately .

this will be useful.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh,

But I want it be a posting frot the SD invoive and not a posting I am doing manually in the FI using FB01.

If you are talking about FB02, for changing the posting date after the release, this is not possible.

Thanks

Ofer