cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Status - PREL & CRTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have 3 networks under a WBS element. I release one network & i notice that the status on the WBS has CRTD & PREL active at the same time.

I checked if i could find some notes to explain this, but unable to do so. Can anyone let me know how to ensure the CRTD status is not active when PREL is active ?

Regards,

Vivek

Added

Working on ECC 6.0 release

Edited by: Vivek on Sep 14, 2009 1:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is standard system behaviour

when WBS has CRTD and PREL it means that the WBS is not released, but one of the subordinate WBS is released or any network activity has been released

this is very important as it allows you to release jus the activity you want to. Also when you create a new one it is still in CRTD status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

But if this is the std. behaviour then it would lead to issues.

- I have a Production Order tied to this WBS element, but i am unable to confirm the order or post GR as the status CRTD does not allow these business processes.

So to process this order i am forced to release the WBS element which is not what i need.

Any views on how to resolve this issue ?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

Why would you want to post good receipts against a WBS and not release it? Any specific business need?

IF you still want to do that , go to Tcode BS22 and change the business process for the status CRTD to allow Good receipt.

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have quite a number of Long lead item parts, on which production / procurement activity needs to be initiated well in advance.

So the network which relates to this is only released, while the others are not, but all these networks are under 1 WBS.

This leads to a situation where the WBS has the status CRTD & PREL active at the same time.

Now when i try confirming the production order or posting GR for these production orders, it is not possible.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a standard SAP behaviour, you should not and need not change this behaviour. This allows subnetwork and their activities and the sub WBS and their child WBS be released independent of releasing the parent WBS element. One interesting thing to note here would be that you would not be able to use the WBS as an account assignment unless you release it.

Ritesh