cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency conversion - Web API / BI query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to change the 'currency conversion type' via the Web API field on the input port of a BI query. The purpose is to allow the users to select the currency conversion type (and possibly the target currency).

The first step is to change to a currency conversion type with a hardcoded target currency. I have tried variations over the example below:

'BI_COMMAND=SET_CURRENCY_TRANSLATION;TRANSLATION_MODE=ZMCEURO;APPLY_DEFAULT_TRANSLATION=X'

However, it doesn't have any effect. Any ideas?

Br Karsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create a currency conversion on BW system using TCODE RSCUR with exchange rate "Ex. Rate Type from Var" and target currency set to "Target Currency Selection with Translation"

2. In BW query set the currency translation for the key figures to the currency conversion you created in RSCUR and select "Variables Entry"

In VC it will have variable for the currence type and conversion type.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron

Thank you for your input.

However, I am aware of these steps. The problem is, that I am using the Web API field of the input port (due to some hierarchy handling). Therefore I am not able to use the variables port (according to the documentation), why I am trying to transfer the conversion type value via the Web API field also. This I am not able to get to work.

Br Karsten