cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES ECC60 tib installation with Aronis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

Here is the background, can anybody help me? Really appreciate!

Today I tried to install the ECC60 version with Aronis twice(restore one large tib file(about 47.1G) to my external portable hard disc). After 2 hours' recovery, I see 2 partitions on my portable hard disc, and there is no error during the installation. But after that, I can not start ECC server. Per the installation guide, I see from the pic that there are some shotcut on the desktop, while I can see nothing. So then I double click the SAP Management.exe from the folder, to see the error message like ".dll failed to register on drive C".

I see from one thread that may need to reboot from the disc where you restore the tib file to(in my case, that is my mobile disc). But I remember that XP and window2003 do not allow to boot computer with an external hard disc. Is the guide right?

Can anybody tell me: after the recovery, is there any other step needed? Many thanks~

Below are the steps I install:

1. Desktop with 120G's hard disc with 2 partitions. Drive C installed windows2003 while Drive D contain the large tib file(around 47G).

2. Restore the tib to the empty external hard disc(960G), after recovery, the hard disc is automatically formatted into 2 partition: DIRVE(C) and DIRVE(D), C with the operating system while D with SAP. The whole process is successful, no error.

3. After that, when I tried to launch SAP Management.exe, error message popper up which says the dll not registered on Drive C.

Thanks and Best regards

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this will work but go ahead and try

REGSVR32 sapmmc.dll

You also may want to download the SAP MMC snap-in.

This is usually a msi file and run the install for it

If it works in the SNAPIn then validate the service has

<SID> - <instace_no> START_D_hostname .\SAPService<SID> Password:****

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Could you tell me from where you tried to start MMC.exe.

It's location has to be c:/windows

BR,

Darshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darshan:

Thanks for your reply.

The Sap Management.exe resides in my external hard disc. There are 2 C drivers on my computer: one is where my operating system resides, that is the internal disc. the other is the recoveried system. I use Aronis to restore one .tib file to my external hard disc, after that, my external hard disc was automatically formatted into 2 partitions: C Driver and D Driver, and I launched the Sap Management.exe on the C Drive of my external disc.

Did anybody once install ECC60 with Aronis? Or know what to do after recovery? I guess there should be some additional steps after recovery, since now there are 2 operating system on my computer: one is the original operating system while the other is the restored file system, but I don't know how to boot into that system.

Tim

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The Sap Management.exe resides in my external hard disc. There are 2 C drivers on my computer: one is where my operating system resides, that is the internal disc. the other is the recoveried system. I use Aronis to restore one .tib file to my external hard disc, after that, my external hard disc was automatically formatted into 2 partitions: C Driver and D Driver, and I launched the Sap Management.exe on the C Drive of my external disc.

So that means you have "two" C: drives?

> Did anybody once install ECC60 with Aronis? Or know what to do after recovery? I guess there should be some additional steps after recovery, since now there are 2 operating system on my computer: one is the original operating system while the other is the restored file system, but I don't know how to boot into that system.

I suggest you contact the backup software vendor how to use the software properly. You may need to enter a boot.ini entry to boot the second operating system. Also keep in mind that some windows filesystems are shared and that the latter installation may have overwritten parts of the first installation.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 C drivers on my computer: one is where my operating system resides, that is the internal disc. the other is the recoveried system. I use Aronis to restore one .tib file to my external hard disc, after that, my external hard disc was automatically formatted into 2 partitions: C Driver and D Driver, and I launched the Sap Management.exe on the C Drive of my external disc

You are trying to run the SAP system from C: (Externally Connected HDD) after executing this it will search for the registry entry of OS installed on your computer's local C: drive & it is not getting.

I think this will not work.

Thanks,

Shambo