cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice creating a KM Folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to make a webservice from a java class. When called it should create a folder in a KM repository.

My steps have been:

1.- Create a Java class that creates a KM folder.

2.- A DC of type Java

3.- Create a Webservice from the Java class in the webservice prespective.

I deploy the EAR and Test the webservice throgh the Web Service Navigator. All I am getting are errors like java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. It seems like it can't find some of the classes, RID, WPUMFactory, etc.

I have added all the JAR's needed in the DC and the Java project. What I have done wrong? Where else should I add the JAR's?

Thanks in advance,

Gregori Coll Ingles.

Thanks in advance,

Gregori Coll Ingles.

Message was edited by: Gregori Coll Ingles

Message was edited by: Gregori Coll Ingles

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

darrell_merryweather
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why not create a portal service which creates this folder, and then you can simply create a web service from the portal service. This is documented in the PDK

I hope this helps

D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darrell,

I guess this could be an option, but I wanted to know if it is posible to do it the way I do.

Anyway I have tried the way you say and I also have problems, and also with libraries. When I build the DC project an error ocurrs saying:

"package com.sapportals.portal.security.usermanagement does not exist

import com.sapportals.portal.security.usermanagement.IUser;"

The same happens with the rest of libraries.

Regards,

Gregori Coll Ingles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregori,

I got the same errors when trying to build a DC project which access KM API. But my compilation errors were solved after I followed the instruction described in ", you may try this out. My current problem is that although my DC passwes the compilation, my DC still can not reference KM API on run time. Let me know if you can solve this.

thanks,

Zita