cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validation on exit ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a webdynpro abap application that will be plugged on to the Portal ( EP7 ) shortly. This WebDYnpro ABAP application has just one simple view with some inputfields( around 10) . Value in these fields need to be validated & saved . Till here simple, now comes the complexity

1 Validation & SAVE needs to be automatically called when portal user is exiting my WD ABAP application !!

2. If Validation fails , i need to cancel his navigation.

there are absolutely no buttons or links on WD ABAP application, whoes event handler can be used for validation.

Any pointers to find solution would be of immense help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We had a requirement where in after validation of username and password in the portal, the webdynpro application should open.

We all did not have any such button in webdynpro object.

So the solution suggested was to make the validation being done in the portal itself and not in webdynpro object.

I don know how far this will help u, plz check the possibility.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, this wont help. Fields that i need to validate are in the WebDynpro ABAP application, what i am not able to figure out is the event where i can place my validation check before USER exits the view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do validations in WDDOEXIT method of the View. But you won't be able stop portal navigation.

WDDOEXIT is called whenever the View is closed.

Let me know if you need more explantion.

Regards,

Feroz