cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDBC Connection - Disconnects & never connects again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have xMII installed on remote locations. xMII connects to the SQL Server 2005 Standard Editon. If the SQL Server goes down, the xMII connection to SQL Server is down too. But, when the SQL Server is back up and running the connection in xMII is still down. Is there a way where xMII (IDBC connector) can poll the SQL Server and connect automatically.

xMII ver is 11.5

Thanks

Edited by: Houston Lucifer on Sep 12, 2009 8:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you are running the latest service pack SP06 (the final one for 11.5 since it is no longer a maintained version) and that the data server settings include a ValidationQuery.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

For ten bucks, Jeremy, I'll buy back and maintain the 11.5 version. And I can probably get it to run on a wristwatch with 128 MB of RAM..

See ya in Chicago.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Jeremy. I do have the validation query (which is to the database specified in the connection string). It still doesn't work. I will try select getdate(). Below is the error message

An error occurred while creating a DB connection. com.lighthammer.Illuminator.logging.LHException: An error occurred while creating a DB connection. at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC.IDBC.processRequest(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.services.handlers.IlluminatorService.processRequest(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.services.ServiceManager.runQuery(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.servlet.Illuminator.service(Unknown Source) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forwardServlet(SERequestDispatcher.java:638) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forward(SERequestDispatcher.java:236) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.internalForward(SERequestDispatcher.java:283) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SEFilterChain.doFilter(SEFilterChain.java:96) at com.lighthammer.cms.system.CMSFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SEFilterChain.doFilter(SEFilterChain.java:60) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.filterApplRequest(ApplicationInfo.java:2159) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.processApplRequest(ApplicationInfo.java:1823) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.processApplRequest(ServerHostInfo.java:937) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:1091) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:973) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.processServletRequest(ServletExecService.java:167) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.Run(ServletExecService.java:204) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.HttpServerRequest.run(HttpServerRequest.java:487)

Edited by: Houston Lucifer on Sep 14, 2009 2:54 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upgraded the xMII to the latest version.