cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI database growing at 1 Gb per day while no data update on ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My SAP landscape has ECC-6.0, BI and XI. The BI is used for basic reporting and everyday 4:00am data extraction takes place. Now the problem is that every day after the data extraction the database grows by 1 Gb (PSAPBIS tablespace). Since there is very little posting/entries in the ECC systemfrom where the extraction takes place, I fail to understand how this database for BI increases 1 Gb each day.

I need to find the cause as the BI consultant is a rookie and cant feed me with much information.

The background jobs that run for BI are as below:

BI_PROCESS_TRIGGER

BI consultant mentioned that even master data is copied. My idea on BI extraction is that it will append the data to BI database and since the ECC entries each day are very less this kind of increase of BI database by 1 Gb everyday is not right.

Please suggest on how to resolve this.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We reclaimed all the space running this report RSBM_ERRORLOG_DELETE. If you are running on oracle please run a online reorg on rsberrorlog.

1144400-RSBM_ERRORLOG_DELETE no frequent commits.

1095924-Correction: Deletion/analyis report for error handlign logs.

If you are on SAP_BW 701 above notes are not applicable ... you can go ahead and run report (RSBM_ERRORLOG_DELETE).

Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers...

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you for all the responses. I eventually ran a complete reorg of the BI database. It gave me several GB's of space. additionally there was some configuration problem from the BI consultant end.

Thanks again!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zaheer,

I'm having the same problem as you did.

Can you tell me how you solve it and what configuration was missing?

Best regards,

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you check what is the number of entries and size of two particular tables?

BALHDR and BALDAT. also check the same for table RSBERRORLOG

Is there a job in your system whcih periodically delete application logs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The BALHDR table entries = 48124

The BALDAT table entries = 189473

The RSBERRORLOG table entries = 112314111

I dont think there is any job to delete the application logs ( transaction SLG2 ). What do the number of entries suggest, is this the reason for the 1 GB growth in the database?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Any suggestions this issue?

Thanks

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the growth rate of these tables...

generally I saw in many BI system people delete BALDAT enries regularly ( once a week)..

>The RSBERRORLOG table entries = 112314111

quite a high number of records

Might need deletion of Logs for Incorrect Record data and then reorganization of this particular table should free some space..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. I shall have a look at the growth of these tables and try to delete the application log entries.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zaheer

Report to Delete RSBERRORLOG entries is RSBM_ERRORLOG_DELETE. This table contains DTP error log

Also check if you there is a job which deletes Change Log entries.

for BALDAT deletion below note may be helpful

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/195157

Thanks and Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check that Process chain schedule with delta load only...there is no need to pull entire data every day..only modified data need to pull BI side...check with your BI application team regarding this