cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am doing an HTTP to RFC scenario. I have some doubts. When creating the Message Type in HTTP using external deinitions, I see two options. Category and Messages. When do we use messages option ? I have an xsd file and I use category.

Again while importing SAP, I see two options. Under connection data, According to Software Component Version and Overwrite Server Info Temporarily. Which should be selected ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>When creating the Message Type in HTTP

If you already have external definition,you don't need to create Message Type.You can simply create Message Interface using that External definition.

>>According to Software Component Version and Overwrite Server Info Temporarily

You can use Overwrite Server Info.then give the logic credentials for SAP ECC system,this will connect you to ECC and you can import RFC from there.

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am doing an HTTP to RFC scenario. I have some doubts. When creating the Message Type in HTTP using external deinitions, I see two options. Category and Messages. When do we use messages option ? I have an xsd file and I use category.

Did not understand this part.

> Again while importing SAP, I see two options. Under connection data, According to Software Component Version and Overwrite Server Info Temporarily. Which should be selected ?

When you created the SWC you must have give the message server and SID. While you import system asks the details for second time. You can use overwrite temporarily at this time.

VJ