cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add additional REQUESTER to the attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please recommend a way to add to the attributes 'REQUESTER' additional requester.

In order to do that I have used BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES but the existing attribute gets overwritten I need to

create an extra requester. I also have set and unset the parameter replace_p to 'X' and space.

In both cases old values will be lost.

I appreciate any and all information you can give me on this topic.

Thanks so much

Regards

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No matter what value is set for the parameter REPLACE_P,the FM always overwrites the old values(i.e. DELETE and ADD).

Also see these threads for for more info/pointers:

So you just need to add the final set of values in the paramter table of the FM ..i.e. if you need 3 values for REQUESTER attribute,maintain those in the impparameter of the FM instead of maintaining 1 new value and trying to append that using the FM.

BR,

Deepti Pednekar.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

go to PPOMA_BBP

go to the attribute tab

select requistioner you can add any no of requestor by clicking the + button -insert line and add there

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since two days I am trying to update the attributes but the existing attribute are being overwritten. I can add a new

attribute but in the second step while setting old exiting Requester to excluded it overwirtes them all.

I still had no success.

1st step: add a new Requester to Org-Id -> O 90000013

2nd step: set old exiting Requester attributes of 90000013 to excluded

Thanks in advance for your help .

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

As per above vangala said..

Please check in the table T77OMATTR for BBP scenarion for attribute REQUESTER what was the inheritance type maintained ?

I hope in your case it could be maintained " local values overwirte inherited values" that is the reason system going to overwrite.

GO to SM30 --> T77OMATTR --> Maintain --> click on Attribues/scenarios --> select the attribute REQUESTER and chage the inheritance type to " Normal inheritance (additive )"

Now you try to add the requester in ppoma_bbp

Thanks

prasad s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for the misunderstanding. It must be done through Abap code and not manually. There is no problem to do that manually

As per privously mentioned I have used the Function Mdule BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES for it.

Regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the attribute inheritance for the REQUESTER attribute in table T77OMATTR.

Here, for the scenario BBP, check the inheritance type for the REQUESTER. Set the value to Normal inheritance(additive).

R/Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vangala can you please explain me what the attribute inheritance causes generally in this case.

Why checking the the attribute inheritance .

e.g.

There are two Requester attributes availbale for a Org-Id with O 60000025.

Requester O 60000012 inherited X

Requester O 60000034 inherited X

I must add a third Requester and set 60000012 and 60000034 to excluded

Regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I'm correct, you are trying to add a local value for the attribute REQUESTER along with the inherited values.

If you have the No local redefinition of inherited values for the REQUESTER attribute in table T77OMATTR, you can't assign a local value.

Please check the table T77OMATTR for different options.

R/Reddy.