cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characterestic Values Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to search based on Characterestics & Characterestic values with Class type 017 for documents like word , excel, pdf etc.

.How to acheive that.How to do Classification for applications like word, excel.Can some one provide basic examples,Like I need to classify

Agreements,Plot sizes,Plot Names,Legal Entities,Approval Requirements etc.

Also would like to know whether trex server need to be installed to search based on characteristic values.

Any Help will be fully Appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi S

Edited by: Ravi chandra on Sep 12, 2009 4:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot to all For Your replies.I created characterestics & assigned characterestic values to document types .

I provided them in Easy DMS when creating a document.But when i tried to search based on these values, it says no documents found.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps to be followed

Part A

1. Create charateristics.

2. Assign to class (017) with a class name

3. Assign the class value in the documnet type dc10

4. now make a doc with this doc type............

5. go for the classificationicon .

6. Select the class 017

7. ths charaterictic values will be defaulted as configured

8. classify your documents

Part B

1. Go to cv04n

2. go to the classifictaion tab page

3. U select the document type if u know, other wise select the class name

4. Input the values and execute

Regards

SURYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Thanks a lot.It solved my problem

But i had a doubt like,Can the values be given at the time of document creation & Suppose we need to search the values based on some criteria like , '>100' etc,Now i got the documents based on case sensitive & am working on it.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. need to search based on Characterestics & Characterestic values with Class type 017 for documents like word , excel, pdf etc.

Application serch is available in cv04n...............with this u can search for PDF, EXCEL,word ....etc

2. How to acheive that.How to do Classification for applications like word, excel.Can some one provide basic examples,Like I need to classify

Agreements,Plot sizes,Plot Names,Legal Entities,Approval Requirements etc.

MAke all the Above as charateristics in cto4, assaign them to class with a name in cl02

3. Also would like to know whether trex server need to be installed to search based on characteristic values.

i dont thisk so this is required

Regards

SURYA

Edited by: suryapampana on Sep 14, 2009 6:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

for the serch on charctristics value , you have to mantion that value in cl02 and add it to with class which one is added in your document type at SPRO

how to serch on class and charactristics value refer below link

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/2.DocumentSearch-Functionalities

Regards

Tushar Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

U can achieve this by setting characteristics, class under class type 017. Use CL02 and CT04 for this and assign it to your doc type. Under clasification in DIR,user will select the appropriate char value and same will be searched in std DMS in CV04N. I beleive TREX is not required for this.

Pramod