Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution Model BD64

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to Idoc and all other related stuff. I have a small doubt. Af far as I know, to send Idoc's from sending system to recieving system we need to configure ports(WE21) and partner profiles(WE20) on both sides. But my team lead says it's fine even if we <b>create on one side and include SYNCH in the partner profiles and distribute the model view</b> which seems wierd to me. The basic type for this is SYNCHRON. Can anyone explain me what is right as per SAP standards. Is synch an SAP supplied one or user defined ?

Thanks and Regards,

Ben.

Message was edited by: Daniel Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

Basically you can generate idocs using 1. ALE and 2. EDI

If you are using ALE ( SAP<-->SAP) ( TC : Area Menu : SALE) then you can create Distribution model. In this case system reads the partner information from Distribution model. Also you can directly generate partner profile from distribution model.

When you use EDI ( SAP <--> Non SAP System) you need to maintained partner profile separatley. ( TC : Area Menu : WEDI)

Cheers,

Nilesh

11 REPLIES 11

former_member927251
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Go through the following links below :

<b><a href="http://www.sapgenie.com/ale/configuration.htm">http://www.sapgenie.com/ale/configuration.htm</a></b>

<b><a href="http://www.sapgenie.com/sapgenie/docs/ale_scenario_development_procedure.doc">http://www.sapgenie.com/sapgenie/docs/ale_scenario_development_procedure.doc</a></b>

<b>Please reward points if it helps.</b>

Regards,

Amit Mishra

Message was edited by: Amit Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

This is what the process is.

You create a distribution model in BD64 specify the systems and messages and you can gerenate the partner profiles (WE20) automatically from there and at the same time it also distributes this information to the partner systems when you distribute this model.

Entering info in WE20 / 21 is manual thing.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi ,

So , If I create ports and partner profiles during creation of model view will they be used by both sending and recieving sytems ? Don't I have to configure them on both sides before creating the model view ?

Regards,

Ben.

Former Member

hi daniel,

Synch is an Sap defined one.i had faced a similar prob u have add the message type Synch in the outbound parameters if not the partner profiles will not be generated.

u have to create partner profiles on both ends

hope this helps,

priya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

Basically you can generate idocs using 1. ALE and 2. EDI

If you are using ALE ( SAP<-->SAP) ( TC : Area Menu : SALE) then you can create Distribution model. In this case system reads the partner information from Distribution model. Also you can directly generate partner profile from distribution model.

When you use EDI ( SAP <--> Non SAP System) you need to maintained partner profile separatley. ( TC : Area Menu : WEDI)

Cheers,

Nilesh

0 Kudos

Hi all,

So far I am under the assumption that we need to configure the ports and partner profiles on both sides before creating the model view in BD64. But from your answers I guess we do it differently in real time process ie. creating partner profiles while creating the model view instead of creating them before. Can anyone explain me in detail how do we go about this in real time scenario.

<b>* You will not miss your points.I may be late but I will never forget awarding points.</b>

Thanks and Regards,

Ben.

Message was edited by: Daniel Ben

0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Partner profiles are created in 2 ways

1) manually in both the systems

2). As mentioned by Ravi using Bd64 by distributing the model which will in turn create partner profiles on the other system

Message type SYNCH is by default addedd by SAP while doing the 2nd process mentioned above because message type SYNCH determines the RFC destinations based on which the partner profile is created on the other system.

Everytime a model is distributed using the BD64 i think you will find the message type SYNCH. It is used intenally by the system to determine the RFC.

Cheers

VJ

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everyone post very useful links and answer to you , I hope you already get an idea about it So I don’t want to tell you all the things again . I’d recommend you to schedule the delete change pointer job (BD22), as In my many project we fall in to performance problem. Then later on I discover OSS note which recommend scheduling Delete change pointer job.

Hope this’ll give you idea!!

<b>P.S award the points.</b>

Good luck

Thanks

Saquib Khan

"Some are wise and some are otherwise"

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you generate the profiles, you don't have to worry about this.

As far as I know SYNCH is used to send some status information back to the sender system, so when you're in BD87 you can use the trace functionality, which shows you the Idoc number in the other system /nromally it works both from the sender and receiver system/

Peter

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you all for your time and valuable responses.

Thanks and Regards,

Ben.