Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Distribution Model BD64

Hi all,

I am new to Idoc and all other related stuff. I have a small doubt. Af far as I know, to send Idoc's from sending system to recieving system we need to configure ports(WE21) and partner profiles(WE20) on both sides. But my team lead says it's fine even if we <b>create on one side and include SYNCH in the partner profiles and distribute the model view</b> which seems wierd to me. The basic type for this is SYNCHRON. Can anyone explain me what is right as per SAP standards. Is synch an SAP supplied one or user defined ?

Thanks and Regards,

Ben.

Message was edited by: Daniel Ben

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Ben,

Partner profiles are created in 2 ways

1) manually in both the systems

2). As mentioned by Ravi using Bd64 by distributing the model which will in turn create partner profiles on the other system

Message type SYNCH is by default addedd by SAP while doing the 2nd process mentioned above because message type SYNCH determines the RFC destinations based on which the partner profile is created on the other system.

Everytime a model is distributed using the BD64 i think you will find the message type SYNCH. It is used intenally by the system to determine the RFC.

Cheers

VJ

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question