cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we use business object (e.g. crystal report ) in webdynpro abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We all know that business object has been part of sap products.

But even though in SAP, I really don't know much about business object.

and how can we use the great function of BO and integrate into our development to make

user have much better function and user experience.

Do we have some learning material of BO?

Could someone share some material here?

Thanks and Regards

Aaron.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

One of the main ways that you can integrate some Business Objects content with WDA is via FlashIslands. If you are on 7.01 or higher, you have the option to use FlashIslands UI element. There are many tutorials on FlashIslands available on SDN. FlashIslands work well with Xcelsius content, since the output of Xcelsius is a Flex component. It is pretty easy to set the Xcelsius interface to External Connection and then write a wrapper Flex Component around the generated output, so that it can be used in the FlashIslands interface.

For Crystal Reports integration you will need NetWeaver 7.02 (comming early next year). We have integrated Crystal Reports as an output option in the Web Dynpro ABAP ALV and the Classic Dynpro ALV. You don't need to do any development to enable this. You can use two different SAP delivered Crystal Reports templates for the ALV output, or create and add your own templates.

Some of ther BOBJ integration is still in prototype and demo phase within SAP. For instance we have a data interface to send data to Explorer onDemand from any ABAP application. We have a prototype FlashIsland for WebI to run in place within Web Dynpro ABAP. Over future enhancement packages you will see increased integration opportunties with the BOBJ capabilites.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your explaination.

one some qustion from my side. When I visited the BOBJ SDN, I saw some sdk for java, .net....

When we want to use the BOBJ, do we need to E.G. develop in java ?

Thanks and Regards,

Aaron

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I guess it depends which BOBJ tool you want to work with. Many of the BOBJ tools also have SOAP or REST based service interfaces that work quite well with ABAP. This is how we are building some of the delivered integration. Also the FlashIsland interface in Web Dynpro ABAP can be used as I described - for Xcelsius.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Thomas,

You wrote "Many of the BOBJ tools also have SOAP or REST based service interfaces that work quite well with ABAP"

Could You tell me where can I find more information about this integration possibility ???

Thanks in advance.

Wojciech

Answers (0)