cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Records into Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a table in Production (in BW: TVARVC (table for Variant Variables). I need to add records to this table and the way I did this in Development was simply insert records into the table (TCODE: SE16). Now, in Production the system settings do not allow me to add records to the table. Is there someway around this?

Please help.

Ashmith Roy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ashmith,

you need to check with your basis person to open the system for modification and you can add records. i am not sure of any work around for this..

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried using SM30, maintenance view TVARV.

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashmit,

Try transaction STVARVC,let me know if that helped you.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

I am sorry, but I am not authorized to use the TCODE STVARVC. I won't be able to tell you if that works. Anyway, my probelm has been solved. I was able to transport the table entries like I already mentioned in this post.

Thanks,

Ashmith Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashmith,

I am giving you a solution to solve your purpose. But let me make it very clear that this is not recommended by SAP. Please never misuse this.

You can do so if you have debugging authorization in system. Please try this in Development system before using in production.

Goto SE16 of the table TVARVC and see the content of the table. Select one record and double click on the record. you will see the fileds one below the other.

Now you write /H in the command box and press enter. This will enter in the debug mode.

The cursone will stop in the source code of the program which updates the tables.

field-symbols: .

refresh exclude_tab.

if code = 'SHOW'.

set titlebar 'TAB' with name 'anzeigen'(100).

elseif code = 'EDIT'.

set titlebar 'TAB' with name 'ändern'(101).

Now click on the variable CODE and change its value to INSR

code = 'INSR'.

change this field name to INSR in debugger window. Please take the help of a ABAPER.

Now press F8 to execute..

Now eneter the value you want to enter in table and save.

This is how you can enter record in table.

Again let me remind you that this is not recommeded.

In this way you can eneter or modify ant damn standard table as you are playing around the code which updates the stanard table.

Hope this helps. if you need any help, let me know.

Give reward point if u r satisfied.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

Thank you for your reply. But we are not allowed to do that. For the sake of audit, we are required to maintain standards across our landscape and that is the reason why we transport our table entries. I have already posted explaining how we do this.

Thanks,

Ashmith Roy

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ashmit,

try if helps 'debug' way,

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P,

The solution works if I wanted to change any records in the table. But my issue is that I need to insert brand new Variants (records) into this table. But anyway, this solved one other issue I had which was how to change the records on the table.

Thanks,

Ashmith Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The way we do it here is that we select the record and if you go into TCODE SE16 and on the tool bar option TABLE ENTRY, you have the option for TRANSPORT ENTRIES.

Thanks for your help.

Ashmith Roy

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashmith:

Speak with your security team.

Different companies have different Processes. Most tables in PROD are locked.

Here, we use a Ztransacation. But, this has to be developed in DEV using ABAP and transported.

Some companies use SM31.

Ram Chamarthy.