cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i start with J2EE development under SAP Netweaver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I'm a complete beginner at SAP Netweaver.

I develop J2EE web solutions since 1999 but never under SAP Platform.

How can i start?

I get the sneak preview?

I take a simple J2EE application and try to make the same under the SAPNetweaver?

Somebody can tell me something like step by step in the SAP Netweaver World?

Thanks

( My english is poor, well... sorry my possibles mistakes )

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

First download the sneak preview from the download section. Install the engine and Netweaver Developer Studio. The slim edition would be fine for you.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

Once installed, you can develop your apps using NWDS. There is documentation/tutorials attached to NWDS. Click Help->Welcome.....

If you are interested in Web Dynpro, check out this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/15/0d4f21c17c8044af4868130e9fea07/frameset.htm

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rich,

Thanks for its reply.

I will make download and look at documents.

If i have any problems I ask again.

Thank you VERY much!

Regards

Fernando Camargo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fernando Camargo,

Did you managed to develop and run J2EE application under SAP Netweaver? I managed to install SAP Netweaver Developer Studio and develop first web dynpro application based on the documentation. However, the application can't run because I do not have J2EE engine and SDM. I found J2EEINSTALL.SAR file on the DVD and was trying to uncar the file but failed. Is there any other way that I could install J2EE engine and SDM into my PC?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Hapizorr Rozi Alias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hapizorr Rozi Alias,

Today, I work with Webdynpro just inside a client structure. They've WebAppServer in other machine and I make a remote deploy. About SDM (in this structure), I just enter the password and after that the IDE will start my application inside a new browse window.

But, I bought a notebook with 2GB of RAM just for install the Sneak Preview but still waiting for it.

As soon as I received the notebook, i'll install Sneak Preview Full JAVA Edition 2004s following this tutorial:

/people/oliver.schmidt/blog/2006/05/16/installing-and-operating-the-sap-netweaver-j2ee-preview

Link of Sneak Preview Full JAVA Edition 2004s Download: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

I'd like to intall the ABAP version too, but I don't know if I'll do it. Later, I could put my "lessons learned" in this topic.

I hope to contribute to your problem.

Best Regards

Fernando Camargo

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Download and install the SLIM edition from the link provided above. It is all you need to run your application.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I make the Slim Edition installation but I haven't a good performance.

My config's machine: Sony Vaio, Centrino 1.73, 2MB Cache and 2GB of RAM memory and it's very slow when I start Slim Edition Services.

How can I config something in order to make my performance better than I have in this moment?

Thanks,

Fernando Camargo

Answers (0)