cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO config for PI Web Components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am following the below excerpt for setting up SSO procedure for PI Web Components and do not understand what it means when it says to "Refresh the All Properties" or "Refresh the PI start page". Can someone tell me what this means and how to accomplish these two tasks? See the last 3 lines.

-

-

Single Sign-On Configuration

Procedure for PI Web Components

To ensure that Single Sign-On works properly between the PI Web components, you must change their authentication template from basic to ticket. To do so, you have to perform the following steps:

Use the SAP NetWeaver Administrator and choose Configuration Management ® Security ® Authentication.

Search for the following Web PI components.

Select each component and change the referenced authentication template from basic to ticket by selecting ticket in the dropdown menu.

sap.com/com.sap.xi.repository*rep

sap.com/com.sap.xi.directory*dir

sap.com/com.sap.xi.services*run

sap.com/com.sap.xi.mdt2*mdt

sap.com/com.sap.xi.rwb*rwb

sap.com/com.sap.lcr*sld

sap.com/com.sap.aii.ib.rprof.app*exchangeProfile

sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.app*AdapterFramework

Search for the Service component service.naming.

Select the component and change the referenced authentication template from basic to ticket by selecting ticket in the dropdown menu.

Save your changes.

All these changes are effective immediately and will still be effective after subsequent redeployments.

Access the Exchange Profile and expand the IntegrationBuilder node.

Specify the following property as true:

com.sap.aii.ib.core.sso.enabled

Refresh the AII Properties.

Refresh the PI start page.

From now on, the logon dialog will be displayed only once and then no longer for each available component.

-

-

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Its mentioning to refresh the aii page and the xi home page for SSO to take effect on the pages you already opened(because initially you dont have sso and now you have) else changes will not take place. Else close them and reopen which should take care.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Are you saying that if I close all browsers and start again, the SSO will take affect?

Thanks for your input!

Best Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

If you have done all the settings as per the document then yes you are correct. Close all the browsers and reopen.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks again for your quick input. I completed everything in the list except the "Refresh the All Properties" and "Refresh the PI start page". I am having another user try to close all browsers and then start the http://server:port/dir start page and login. Then, try SSO from there.

I am afraid to close my browsers for fear that I would not be able to get back to undo the changes if needed. I will update when the user lets me know if this is working now.

If that is not what you mean, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thats true Rick. By the way I would always suggest to do a backup before you do anything on server. If in case it dont work then you may need to remove all the settings manually one by one, which if you have back up will prevent you in doing this.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Unfortunately, restarting the browser after making these changes did not work. SSO does not work after applying the settings that were mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

Am I missing some important piece?

Thanks again for your help,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Can you see marks reply in this thread and try out:

I hope you are following all the steps given in this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/32/1c1041a0f6f16fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I followed all 10 steps (except I don't know what 9 and 10 really mean) and I added the 3 actions to the everyone role as listed by Mark in the above thread.

Do you have any other advice?

Thanks again for all your help.

Best Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed all 10 steps and added the 3 actions to the everyone role and SSO still does not work. Should I bounce the system?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After going into the Administration tab of the Integration Tools page and selecting the "All Properties" under Properties Administration and then clicking the Refresh button, everything started working correctly.

Thanks to all for your input.

Regards,

Rick