cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop messages in Receiver Determination?

former_member191531
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are using SAP XI 3.0 and have a simple File-to-IDoc-Scenario.

Now, the files coming from a new supplier (specific ID) should be dropped on the XI.

I've tried a solution at the Receiver Determination with XPath condition, but I would need to configure a dummy receiver, right?

The option "If No Receiver is Found,... End Message Procesing Without Error" is not suitable for us, too.

Does anyone know an easy way to simply drop messages with a specific condition?

Thanks in advance!

Juergen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grallert,

You can create a module and then check the supplier and put this module in sender file communication channel before the file adapter is converted. Then if it not that supplier then it gives to file adapter else dont process the file. Then it will not process, but your file still will be there in the location. So copy it to a different location.

Once if you read the file and if it is in xi then you may not do anythign except if no receiver found end message processing without errors or dummy reciever, which you dont want.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member191531
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

thanks for your comments.

I stopped my search for a better solution and implemented the dummy receiver.

Your answer was "very helpful" for me

Regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well

you can put a "DUMMY" receiver is not necesary to create only put the name.

former_member191531
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

yes I could put the name "DUMMY" in, but I would need at least a real communication channel...

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grallert,

If you have your xpath correct then the option If No Receiver is Found,... End Message Procesing Without Error should work for you.

If some reasons if you dont want this or dont work then other option is to create a dummy file reciver and write the xml file to some location and dont use that file.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member191531
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

thanks for your fast answer.

That's exactly the point, I can't use the option and the use of a dummy receiver is not a very "nice" way, so I'm searching for a better solution.

Thanks,

Juergen