cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMP configuration parameter is/SMTP/virt_host

Former Member

Hello

I have a problem I am following the STMP configuration guide (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm)

But in the step Assigning the Client (Transaction SICF) --> Host data I put the parameter 0 and the Data configuration information never change of this value ( :) . I have configurated in other system and inthis steps this value was change automatically to ( *:25000) before I put the parameter 0

Any idea, suggestionn for reason this problem

thanks Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No idea, but check the default for that parameter is RZ11, in any case you can change it via RZ10 to the desired value.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gracias Juan

I have other question

This parameter is working fine in UNIX is/SMTP/virt_host_0 = *:25000;. this value is possible for all system or only UNIx system because I found in anothers forums that in the windows system this parameter is setting with port 25

regards

Danny

Edited by: Danny Sanchez on Sep 11, 2009 5:52 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i know this is default for any OS, port 25 is usually for outgoing mails while this parameter is for incoming ones.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks Juan

I will change the value of parameter to 25 and I try again

thanks

Danny

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think you understand what i meant...

parameter is/SMTP/virt_host_0 = *:25000 is for incoming mails... you don't need this parameter for sending mails, port 25 is configured via SCOT on the SMTP node.

Regards

Juan

Answers (0)