cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-Company Stock Transfer with Delivery and Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a situation at a client in California. The client does Make-to-Order sales. The only materials kept in inventory are raw materials and NREs. This client has plants in several countries around the world but only two are on SAP. The current version is 4.6C.

The scenario goes like this. The plant in China (CompCode: 2020, Plnt: 0020) wants to order raw materials from the US plant (CompCode: 1010, Plnt: 0010). If the US plant does not have enough stock in inventory, an order needs to be placed with a local vendor. When all materials a re available to ship,we need to deliver to and invoice the China plant. Additionally, shipment notification needs to be sent to the plant in China.

IWould someone please be so kind as to helpme with a "Best Practice" process flow for Cross-Company STO with Delivery and Billing? I also need guidlines for customizing the process in the IMG. This process must include issuing a PO to a local vendor for ordering additional inventory. For the shipment notification, I was thinking of an EDI Advance Shipment Notice if the receiving plant uses EDI. I need a different option, If the receiving palnt does not use EDI.

I am open to your suggestions.

Thanks,

AJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit. Your reply was helpful, altough Company Company Code 2020 Plant 0020 is using an STO to order raw materials from Company Code 1010 Plant 1010.

Company Code 1010 Plant 1010 is delivering materials to ordering Company Code 2020 Plant 0020 and not to the end customer. That is okay. I understand that part. The part bothering me is the need for Plant 0010 to order more material from a local vendor, because Plant 0010 does not have enough inventory to fulfill Plant 0020's order.

Now the question is, how to cover the difference in order quantity and current plant inventory and demand. None of the threads or SAP Help have addressed this detail. Am I overlooking something? Like maybe behind the scenes SAP R/3 is generating a PO to the local vendor for the needed material(s) automatically. Or, does someone in Planning need to analyze current plant inventory and demand, and then manually generate a PO to the local vendor for the needed material(s)?

Thanks,

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

Use MRP configuration and create demand and transfer requirements to vendors to supply material to plant 1010 to fulfill.

Regards

JACK

Answers (0)