cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete Status of Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SRM Gurus,

For SRM 7.0 system, for purchase Order what is the signifance of "Transaction Completed" status ?

I have completed one purchase Order which has open item.

At header level it sets "Transaction Completed" status in SRM PO. but neither it set delete indicator nor delivery complete indicator of open PO items . Hence i wonder what is the signifiance of complete functionality of PO in SRM.

Can you please through light on this topic ?

Regards,

Kalandi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Checks (SRM-SUS)

Before SAP SRM SUS documents are archived, they are processed by a check program to determine if they qualify for archiving. This validation procedure prevents documents that still require processing, erroneous documents, and current documents from being archived and subsequently deleted from the database.

The residence time is a general criterion used to determine when SUS documents are archived. Each document must remain in the system for a certain period of time (the retention period) after it was last changed before it can be archived.

For more information about setting retention periods, see the Supplier Relationship Management Implementation Guide (IMG): Supplier Relationship Management Supplier Self-Services Cross-Application Basic Settings Archiving of Documents Define Residence Times for Documents .

Note

Only SUS documents from completed business processes are considered for archiving. Before you can archive documents, you need to complete the business process to which they belong.

End of the note.

During the check process, the system also checks the relevant follow-on documents. If these documents have been created and completed, the relevant business transactions are assumed to have been completed. In particular, if a SUS purchase order can be archived, then so can the relevant follow-on documents.

*The status Transaction Completed is only applicable to SUS purchase orders and indicates that the document flow has been completed.* This means that all necessary documents in the document flow have been created and that, in the SUS EBP scenario, the confirmations and invoices pertaining to the purchase order have also been approved.

As well as the follow-on documents, the ordered quantity (or the quantity confirmed by the supplier if a purchase order response was requested) and the quantity specified in the follow-on documents must be considered. A purchase order can have one or more follow-on documents for each document type. If the total amount of item values of the follow-on documents does not match the total order value, the process step is not complete. In this case the system does not apply the status Transaction Completed to the original SUS purchase order.

An exception to this process is when a final delivery indicator has been set for an advanced shipping notification or for the invoice. Only the purchaser can set this indicator, which is used to show that no further delivery or invoice is expected and that this particular process step is completed. This information is only available on the purchaser's side in the purchasing system.

Example

A SUS purchase order has one or more advanced shipping notifications (ASN). If the total quantity specified in the ASNs does not match the quantity specified in the purchase order, it implies that some of the goods ordered have not yet been delivered. The delivery process step is therefore not yet completed even though invoices have been created for the existing ASNs.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/d8/757af9204942aa86735dfefc62e9cd/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

all you mentioned is fine, but how can I delete a purchase order in SUS, which is not completed,

as the system requires.

If I set "Delivery Completed" Indicator in ECC it will not be transferred to SUS, so that the PO would be complete.

But I need to delete some POs. What can I do?

Could you help me in this issue?

Barbara