cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit plug with URL and CLOSE_WINDOW params not responding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My company is implementing WDA eRecruiting and in support of this we are doing some customization.

One of my requirements is to add a link (using LinkToAction UI) that the user can click to direct them elsewhere in eRecruiting once they have updated their profile. Updating a profile occurs in a RoadMap (RM). Each step within the RM belongs, generally, to different components. My link occurs in the last step in this RM. In order to redirect them, I am firing a outbound plug on the view for the last step's component when the LTA is clicked.

wd_this->fire_to_exit_plg( close_window = abap_true

url = lv_url ).

This OP is associated with an inbound plug on the window in which the view is embedded. That IP in turn fires the exit plug.

wd_this->fire_exit_application_plg( url = url

close_window = close_window ).

I can see my breakpoints getting hit but nothing happens when the exit plug is invoked. This is frustrating as it works elsewhere in eRecruiting. Alternatively, I have fired the exit plug directly from the view using a component usage with the same non-result. The URL is fine because if I pass this to a popup window then the user is directed appropriately.

I've searched SDN to no avail. Also, a very good contractor on this project has looked at it and he says that this should work. Has anyone seen such behavior before? Does anyone have any other ideas as to what could be the problem?

Thank you,

Will

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Exit plugs with close_window, only work under certain circumstances. The restrictions are listed in this help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/9b/65e04ea1ae4d9d8cfd329afa43e869/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I have previously read that documentation along with my colleagues and everything seems to check out, so we are scratching our heads as to why the window will not close.

Even IF_WD_APPLICATION=>GET_IS_CLOSE_WINDOW_SUPPORTED( ) says that the window is closeable. Sigh.

Thanks for the help anyhow,

Will

Answers (0)