cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using librfc with SAP Release 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a serious problem with the RFC Function RfcOpenEx()

using SAP Release 7.0

I receive the following message .

Logon to SAP R/3 failed

RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE

Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

does anyone can help

Best Regards

Zeev Goldenberg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fixed this by making the password's alpha chars upper case. Still isn't this what the connection param TOUPPER is supposed to take care of?

Former Member
0 Kudos

From SAP Release 7.0 passwords are case sensitive, that's why you have encountered the problem.

-Rk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I to have encountered this, but with an earlier release. The BASIS and ABA components on this system are still 6.40. However i have another 640 system that has no issues. The User account and password I'm using is valid as i can log into the SAP GUI with them. To add to this, i can get a successful RfcOpenEx() call via the srfctest binary packaged with the SDK. But both a JCo(2.1.6) and a custom C binary that use RfcOpenEx() both fail with this error, all 3 using the same userid and password and other connection params. Seems to be the RFCPING that is failing when i examine the Trace file, but in both successful RFC trace from srfctest.exe and the failed RFC Traces from the JCo app and C app both have the same connection parameters. Could this be due to the new case insensitivity introduced not working correctly? However setting the TOUPPER connection param does not seem to make any difference. One difference between the 2 systems is that the one that is failing is unicode, and the one that is successful is non-unicode. Could this be a factor? Although there is code in srfctest.c which sets a param based on unicode/non-unicode, this param is not being sent on the successful connection.

Has anyone encountered anything like this? Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.