cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SAP Web A S Java 6.40 SP3u0092 at u0091Logon Information' pane

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install the following evaluation software’s in bold letters from http://sdn.sap.com on my computer. The installation notes comes with the package SAP Web Application Server when I download it. I am following the installation notes as guided. The hardware/software requirements before installing the following are

· A Windows PC with at least 1Gb of memory and at least 6Gb of free disk-space

· Microsoft Windows 2000 (at least SP3) or Windows Server 2003

· Installed Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with all updates that are explained here

· Installed Sun JDK 1.4.2_04 (Note that there are some known issues with this version. Please use 1.4.2_05 as soon as it is publicly available)

· Installation target must be a NTFS drive (FAT won't work)

Except for Microsoft SQL Server 2000 I have everything. I am using a Microsoft SQL 2005 Evaluation edition in place of SQL 2000.

1. SAP Web Application Server Java 6.40 SP3
2. Patching of SAP Web Application Server to SP5
3. SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio SP5
4. SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 SP3
5. Patching of SAP Enterprise Portal to SP4

The URL for ‘Quick Installation Notes’ is
https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/insta... guide ep sneak preview sp4.pdf

I get this error when I am trying to run ‘

Installation of SAP Web Application Server Java 6.40 SP3’ at ‘Logon Information’ pane.

ERROR 2004-09-03 10:39:35
MDB-05043 Script "->srv_j2ee.sql" not found

ERROR 2004-09-03 10:39:35

MDB-05034 Call to a threaded function returned "1".

WARNING 2004-09-03 10:39:35

The step dAskForConnection with step key J2EE_EngineEnterprise_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|J2EE_Engine|ind|ind|ind|J2EE_Engine|630|0|MssJ2eeDatabase|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|MssLoginInfo|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|dAskForConnection was executed with status ERROR.

Any ideas on how do I fix this. Do I need a Microsoft SQL 2000 server? Please help me.

Thanks

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is always good to go with whatever is specified in the installation guide. So ideally, i would suggest you to go for MS SQL Server 2000, its patches and hotfixes.

But yes, if you want to play around with it, you can just copy srv_j2ee.sql file from a system where SAP WAS 6.30 is already installed and place it exactly where it is required.

Secondly, there are some patches and hotfixes that needs to be applied when working with SQL Server 2000. I am not sure if you have the similar patches and hotfixes for your evaluation version too. Just check up on that at SDN. I am sure, it wont work without the patches and hotfix.

At the end, i would again like to add that this is just a work around and not an appropriate solution. Just give it a try. If it doesnt work you need to use SQL Server 2000 as documented in the guide.

Mark it as answered if this answers your question.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

i think you should give SQL Server 2000 a try. But you can use also MSDE. The installation of MSDE is described here: /message/12701#12701 [original link is broken].

Regards

Gregor