cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification on new tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to enable notification on new tasks. When I create a new task, I get informed by email, but I want the user the task is assigned to, to be informed by email. Does anybody know, if this is possible as well.

Regards,

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anja_huber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

it is possible to configure a parameter in the engine configuration "Notify Assignees On Task Creation", this means "When set to True and Notify On Update… is selected in the Collaboration Task Wizard, task assignees are notified that a task has been created for them".

Please check also documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d8/d372ba23914a49bebf8bbb7afe784b/frameset.htm

This option is only available with version NW2004s although it is mentioned in documention for NW04 (that is a bug that will corrected).

regards,

anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, works fine now!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja

Thank you for your answer, I have been searching for some relevant information on this issue for some time now, and finally found one who knows something!

You mention that "This option is only available with version NW2004s although it is mentioned in documention for NW04 (that is a bug that will corrected).". We are currently running NW04 SP17, and in our portal I can see both the settings the 2004s-documentation mentions, but assignees dont receive any notification mails even if I set Notify Assignees On Task Creation to "True" and select "Notify On Update...".

Is this expected behavior because we are not on 2004s?

Kind regards,

Martin Søgaard

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it's not the expected behaviour. I successfully tested this today on a NW04 SP15 system. If you select to notify the receiver, it works.

In Workflow > Engine, change Notification Service to Java Mail. In Workflow > Mail, make sure you have a valid SMTP host (don't mind about the POP3).

Regards,

Mikael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dominik,

U can try Guided procedures..,i think that might help in proceeding ur application..,

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3604">Info On Guided Procedures</a>

Hope it helps..,

regards,

Vinoth