cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO on EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts out there, please help!!

i created a few system connecting SAP r/3 from EP. and they work fine all these while.

just in this afternoon, the SSO failed.

error msg under connection test:

Test Connection with Connector

Test Details:

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Results

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure that Single Sign-On is configured correctly

so i cant access the RFC from visual composer anymore.

i never made changes on the connection properties of the systems nor SSO ACL on r/3 system.

what i have done was:

- rename the folder containing those systems under system landscape.

- delete a few systems that no longer needed.

does that affect?

I try create new system to connect, but was not successful.

Any guideline to trouble shoot whats the problem?

thanks in advance.

regards,

kityein

Edited by: kityein lai on Sep 11, 2009 12:06 PM

Edited by: kityein lai on Sep 11, 2009 12:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kityein,

Try creating the system in a new folder(other than the folder in which other systems are present/ deleted).

This should work, as we faced a similar issue after deleting some systems which were not required. Copying the required ones in a new folder location helped.

Also try restarting the portal server, if you have not done it till now.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sonali.

Edited by: Sonali M S on Sep 12, 2009 10:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

Thanks for the reply. I tried but it doesnt work also.

creating a new system in another folder.

copying the existing (previously working) system to another folder.

and also restart the server for a few times.

i really have no idea..

Ragards,

Kityein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kityein,

Seems like the Systems were deleted, but VC is still holding their Alias reference. That is why it is unable to read any new data.

I have not worked much in VC, so cannot guide u more, but is there any cache like thing for VC? That may be a problem.

Thanks,

Sonali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kityein,

In your system landscape does a system with the alias emi-mi_vc6 exist. As Sonali rightly pointed out and also mentioned in the log files the alias Kityein emi-mi_vc6 does not exist.

If thats not the case then open your VC Model and select the service / BAPI which is responsible for fetching data from ECC system. Right click that BAPI ( it will be displayed as a UI having input and output ports) and select the option Configure Element. in the Right hand side pane you will see the name of the bapi and the system alias being used.

This alias needs to be present in your system landscape. Get that done and hopefully it should solve your problem.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kityein,

Iam trying to connect from EP to R3 system through Connectors.

What i did is Created a new system with all the details.

Imported and exported certificates from R3 to EP and EP to R3.

When did the connection test, status is SSO is not configured properly.

My question is I did the import and export from client 100 in R3 system.

Is it necessary for us to import and export the certificates from Clinet 000 of R3 system.

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply. The solution is found!

Go to System Administration > System Configuration > UME Configuration > User Mapping Tab

Under User Mapping tab, the system alias (emi-mi_vc6) which is deleted is actually selected in the Reference System drop down list.

I am not sure how it is selected here. Automatically or manually? Definitely not me.

After i change it back to (No reference system), I am able to connect to R/3 via SSO. Cheers.

And thanks again to all of you.

Regards,

Kit Yein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just found this error in the log file when i doing connection test on my system with alias "VC_emi-mi" (which is the only one and default alias for the system):

com.sap.security.api.umap.system.ExceptionInImplementationException: System alias "emi-mi_vc6" does not point to a valid PCD location and seems to be either corrupted or simply missing.

where the system allias "emi-mi_vc6" is one of the system i deleted as mentioned in the first post. i thought they shd have no dependency on each other. but i wonder why when i do connection test the deleted system alias "emi-mi_vc6" is actually used..

please help and thanks a million.

regards,

kityein.

Former Member
0 Kudos

attached here with the error log:

com.sap.security.api.umap.system.ExceptionInImplementationException: System alias "emi-mi_vc6" does not point to a valid PCD location and seems to be either corrupted or simply missing.

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.usermapping.EPSystemLandscapeWrapper.getSystemFromPcd(EPSystemLandscapeWrapper.java:317)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.usermapping.EPSystemLandscapeWrapper.getSystemByAlias(EPSystemLandscapeWrapper.java:228)

at com.sap.security.core.umap.imp.UserMappingUtils.getMasterSystem(UserMappingUtils.java:114)

at com.sap.security.core.umap.imp.UserMappingUtils.isMasterSystem(UserMappingUtils.java:173)

at com.sap.security.core.umap.imp.UserMapping.getMappedUserID(UserMapping.java:1326)

at com.sap.security.core.umap.imp.UserMapping.getR3UserName(UserMapping.java:470)

at com.sap.portal.pcm.system.SystemUserMappingData.getUserMappingProperty(SystemUserMappingData.java:152)

at com.sap.portal.pcm.system.SystemUserMappingData.getProperty(SystemUserMappingData.java:105)

at com.sap.portal.ivs.internalconnector.ConnectionProvider.setConnectionSpecValues(ConnectionProvider.java:584)

at com.sap.portal.ivs.internalconnector.ConnectionProvider.getConnection(ConnectionProvider.java:280)

at com.sap.portal.ivs.internalconnector.ConnectionProvider.getConnection(ConnectionProvider.java:256)

at com.sapportals.portal.ivs.cg.ConnectorService.getConnection(ConnectorService.java:446)

at com.sapportals.portal.ivs.cg.ConnectorService.getConnection(ConnectorService.java:84)

at com.sap.portal.ivs.slcockpit.tests.TestConnectorConnection.isConnectionOK(TestConnectorConnection.java:257)

at com.sap.portal.ivs.slcockpit.tests.TestConnectorConnection.startTest(TestConnectorConnection.java:209)

at com.sap.portal.ivs.slcockpit.editor.panes.SLCockpitTestPane.setResults(SLCockpitTestPane.java:205)

at com.sap.portal.ivs.slcockpit.editor.panes.SLCockpitTestPane.createUI(SLCockpitTestPane.java:165)

at com.sap.portal.admin.editor.pane.EditorPaneProxy.createUI(EditorPaneProxy.java:130)

at com.sap.portal.admin.editor.pane.OutPane.setupComponent(OutPane.java:122)

at com.sap.portal.admin.editor.pane.EditorPaneWrapper.mySetupComponent(EditorPaneWrapper.java:143)

at com.sapportals.admin.wizardframework.components.FlowContainer.setupComponent(FlowContainer.java:129)

at com.sapportals.admin.wizardframework.core.TrivialPaneFactory.getComponent(TrivialPaneFactory.java:35)

at com.sapportals.admin.wizardframework.core.WizardInstance.doWizard(WizardInstance.java:229)

at com.sap.portal.admin.editor.Editor.doWizard(Editor.java:613)

at com.sap.portal.admin.editor.Editor.run(Editor.java:156)

at com.sap.portal.admin.editor.AbstractEditorComponent.doContent(AbstractEditorComponent.java:59)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.serviceDeprecated(AbstractPortalComponent.java:209)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.service(AbstractPortalComponent.java:114)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:328)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:136)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:189)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentResponse.include(PortalComponentResponse.java:215)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.pom.PortalNode.service(PortalNode.java:645)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:328)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:136)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:189)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.runRequestCycle(PortalRequestManager.java:753)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.ServletConnection.handleRequest(ServletConnection.java:240)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher$doService.run(Dispatcher.java:524)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher.service(Dispatcher.java:407)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.servlet.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:156)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:401)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:386)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:364)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:1039)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:265)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:175)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

#

#1.5 #001999304DF000650000008900001EDC0004735B6434BC3D#1252736267250#com.sap.security.core.umap.imp.UserMappingUtils#sap.com/irj#com.sap.security.core.umap.imp.UserMappingUtils.getMasterSystem()#EMIDEV#136#####SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_39##0#0#Error##Plain###Cannot provide the current ABAP master system because the responsible system landscape could not provide the system object.#

shaila_kasha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kityein,

I would like to know if it was user mapping for the Logon method used.

If the usermapping is correct then this should not happened.

Just check once again the usermapping. Also check is the password was in Upper or lower case.

Did you mapped the VC user with the System credentials ie.credentials used for login into the system(Open URL in browser and then it will ask you User Id and password,these user id and password should be mapped with VC user).

For VC modeling, there arent any restrictions. So we can use UIDPW. No JCo configs required here.

I'd suggest ignoring the error. Make an iView that uses the system alias and see if that works. If it does, then all is OK. If it doesn't, then you can start fixng the SSO access as per the other suggestions.Also , our system definition has to have at least one System Alias: Right Click, Open, System Aliases.

Iview should be a SAP transaction iview to check the SSO for SAP GUI for windows.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Shaila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaila, thanks for the reply!

logon method: SAPLogonTicket => so shd be no user mapping required, am i right?

anyway, as i mentioned before, the systems are actually works, means the configuration and properties shd hv no problem.

i suspect its because of a system that i deleted causes the problem..as mentioned in the above post.

Thanks for your reply Shaila