cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I am in the process of installing SRM7.0. I have installed AS ABAP. I need JAVA system also,but when I read the Installation guide,it says ABAP & JAVA has to be installed separately and configured in the background. In that case whether there will be different database for both instance or how it is done? Also if i need to install separate AS JAVA please guide me with the configuration for integrating both JAVA & ABAP.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards

Hari Narayanan.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you wanted to install ABAP+JAVA then you install it in one shot in sapinst no need to install ABAP & then JAVA .In SAP release 640 it was the concept of installing ABAP first & then JAVA.From NEtweaver 700 we can install ABAP & JAVA both at same time.

Please read installation guide for SRM 7.0 for more details.

You do not need to install a separate DB for ABAP & JAVA.One database work for both ABAP +JAVA.

These all information given in SRM 7.0 installaion guide which is available at service.sap.com.

For your case you need to install java as add-in to ABAP system .You will find this option in master CD.Further you need to give inputs as per sapinst prompts.

Do let us know in case of further query.

Thanks..

Mohit

Edited by: mohit gupta on Sep 11, 2009 1:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>For your case you need to install java as add-in to ABAP system.

I disagree. Nowadays the official SAP recommendation is to not install anymore dual stack systems.

The nightmare of dual stack systems administration is now well known.

Installing 2 separate stacks is more difficult and longer but in the long term there is a big advantage on reliability, performance, administration, applying support packages.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are wrong MOHIT...

Regards

Hari Narayanan.M

Edited by: Caritor SAP on Sep 13, 2009 1:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I was in the same fix as you...a couple fo months back..

Olivier is absolutely right..what you need to do is install 2 seperate systems (ABAP & JAVA) with different SID's & DB's.

During the JAVA installation, it'll prompt you for the client/hostname for your JAVA user store..that's when you can specify the client of your ABAP system.

Thanks,

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to install SAP SRM 7.0 so as per installation guide we have to install ABAP and JAVA seprately.

So can I use same DB for ABAP and JAVA stack or I need to seprate DB for ABAP ad Java.

Kindly clarify.

Regards,

Gaurav