cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter to RFC adapter ------ Help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using XI 3.0 sp9.

Im quite new in XI. I am configuring a small scenario where data from a flat file is used to create a sales order in SAP R/3 4.7. For this purpose i have imported a bapi (RFC) and have mapped all the compulsary items. Everythin seems to be workin fine from XI point of view as the fields get mapped properly and the message is dispatched. But No sales order gets created.

However when i run that bapi from se37, filling up the same fields with the same entry, it runs fine.

Is there any way where i can check any errors or messages as to why the bapi is not creating the sales document?

I also tried to create a asynchronous interface, but dont seem to get any message back from the R/3 system. Is there a way to check this as well?

Any help would be appreciated!

Is there any blog for a file to RFC scenario?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angad.

Please check is your BAPI has a COMMIT WORK to enter the data to the DB.

Some BAPIs dont and there is a need to create a 'Z' one rapping the original BAPI.

This will allow you to submit the sales order.

So check it out.

Good luck

Nimrod

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried copying the Bapi to a new one and after testing if it works or not, i called the commit bapi from it. Still the data doesnt get uploaded. Is there any log or something where i can check whats going wrong as on sxmb_moni it shows that message executed successfully.

Also, i tried to make a synchronous exchange of messages in order to capture the sales order number and 'Return' table, but when i execute the message, it runs in asynchronous mode. Am i missing something here as i have created

- synchronous outbound interface

- Synchronous inbound interface

- Mapped these two interfaces (providing both 'Request' and 'Response' message mappings)

- Im using this interface mapping in the Integration directory.

In the Integration Directory I have:

- Imported both business systems

- Created one sender and receiver channel 'each' for both the business systems

- Created one receiver determination with file system as sender system

- Created one sender agreement, interface determination and receiver agreement.

However when i send the message, in sxmb_moni it shows processing as asynchronous. The info from flat file is gettin converted in the required format and the message is sent successfully. However no sales order gets created.

Is there anywhere else in the system where i can see whats going wrong.

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angad,

Instead of Bapi u can try with importing Idoc ORDERS01 to 05 ..

Check this link if u want to try with idoc

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/28/creating-sales-order-through-idoc

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to following link for help on BAPI.http://www.sapgenie.com/abap/bapi/index.htm

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your answers. You are right, the BAPI i was using (BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2) is a standard BAPI and it doesnt have a commit work.

I have read somewhere (on sdn itself) that the parameter 'Commit Control for Individual BAPI Calls'(as suggested by Mr. Krishna Moorthy) works for sp 14. We are currently at sp9. So i guess this option wont work for us.

As for creating a wrapper BAPI, i have no idea how to do so? Should i copy the standard bapi to a new 'z'bapi and call func module 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT' in it? How should i carry it forward?

Also we are using 'Synchronous' Interfaces and have done all the settings for that, but for some reason, when i check the logs in sxmb_moni, it displays the processing mode as Asynchronous. Any help here would also be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angad,

You have to create a ZRFC from SE37.

1. Make the Parameter of this RFC same as that of sales order BAPI.

2. Call the BAPI RFC in the ZRFC and map the data.

3. IF the SALES ORDER BAPI is successful then call the commit work bapi.

Regards

Vijaya

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Angad,

As mentioned by previous posts, check for the Commit.

In the receiver RFC adapter you can specify the commit control for individual BAPI calls

Check this link~

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angad,

The sales order is not getting created because of commit work.

If you are using the standard BAPI then you will have to create a wrapper RFC and call your BAPI and BAPi for commit work in this.

Also, Please can you check in the transaction SXMB_MONI if you are getting any errors.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to following weblog for File to RFC blog.

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Thanks,

Prateek