cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in Capacity Planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have some doubt in capacity planning for PS. I am using work centers for capacity planning.

My scenario is as under:

I have 1 activity with a duration of 2 days, I have a work center in which the capacities are defined as 2 and working hours 8.0 per individual, the total available capicity of the work center is 16.0 hrs.

When I have assigned the work center the duration is 2 days and the work is 16 hrs as per the capacity details mentioned in the work center the calculation key is 2 (calculate work), when I schedule and save the project the capacity load is captured.

I was checking the capacity load in report CM50, it shows the Rem.cap.reqs field as 24 hrs. Avail.capacity 16 hrs Rem. avail. capaci 8.0- hrs.

But as per the capacity details and the activity details it should consider 16 hrs only, why it is considering 24 hrs?

Can any one please explain me this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check the formula you have maintained under scheduling and capacity in work center. Which filed has been maintained in formual paramaeter. Check in OP 17.

zINNI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Makwana Zinni,

I have maintained the formula SAP004, in capacity tab other formula field and also in scheduling tab other formula field.

I have checked in transaction OP21 for SAP004 the following parameters are applicable:

Formula : SAP_10

Indicators: Tick on Generate, Allowed for caluculation, Work center capacity requirement, Allowed for scheduling.

In transaction OP17, for the formula SAP_10 the following parameters are applicable.

Parameter: SAP_10

Origin General operation value

Attributes:

Parameter text Duration

Keyword Other formula

Dimension TIME

Standard Value 0

Standard value unit MIN

Field name DAUNO

Please suggest me if anything is wrong here.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some one please through some light on this?

Regads,

Praveen B

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was solved.

We have to use SAP008 formula in the capacity tab other formula field, as this is having the workcenter capacity requirements tick and the parameter SAP_07.

In scheduling tab other formula field use SAP004 field which is having Scheduling tick, with parameter SAP_10

Regards,

Praveen

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether the Work center has been used in anyother project activity...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed Rifaee,

Thanks for your reply.

No, this work center is newly craeted and assigned for only one activity.

The question is instead of considering the work hrs, why it is showing 24 hrs as requirement?

Please clarify me this. Is there anything to do with the overall profile mentioned in OPJK? I have mentioned this profile SAPPS_G020 PS: Evaluation, standard overview

Regards,

Praveen B