cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSAPUNDO is 99%

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After client deletion the database, PSAPUNDO is getting 99% & I have reorganized the database after client deletion

I checked parameter undo_retention value=43200 & I changed it to 7200, but still PSAPUNDO remains at 99%.

Please let me know, how to free this PSAPUNDO?

Best Regards

Prakash.P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts

As mentioned PSAPUNDO tablespace got reduced now. Thanks for all ur valuable inputs.

Best Regards

Prakash.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After client deletion the database, PSAPUNDO is getting 99% & I have reorganized the database after client deletion

I checked parameter undo_retention value=43200 & I changed it to 7200, but still PSAPUNDO remains at 99%.

Please let me know, how to free this PSAPUNDO?

Environment

SAP 4.6C

Oracle 10G

Windows 2003 X64

Best Regards

Prakash.P

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Please let me know, how to free this PSAPUNDO?

Why the heck should you want to free PSAPUNDO?

It contains UNDO information of your database and enables things like consistent views, rollbacks or flashback queries.

As of version 10g Oracle became a bit cleverer in using the space in the undo tablespace.

If the undo tablespace is set to a fixed size (that is, none of its datafiles is set to autoextend), the database does some autotuning on the UNDO_RETENTION that can be accomplished with the given space.

Since you cannot do anything else with the undo tablespace Oracle will now try to make the most of it and keeps undo segments in there as long as possible.

The effect of this is of course that the undo tablespace is reported to be fully used - which is basically true.

However, this does not say anything about the space available for new undo information.

For that you'd have to check on how much free space is there plus how many expired undo blocks are there.

Bottomline is: with Oracle 10g you want the database to use up all of the undo tablespace as it just increases the time undo information is kept available.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PASAPUNDO tablespace is used for Auto Undo management. You dont need to worry about this much but you need to make sure that u have enough space allocated to this tablespace.

Oracle stores all the actins performed during 'data loading' or client deletion e.t.c for recovery.

After certain time it will delete these things from UNDO table space. If possible, give a restart and try or else, wait for some time and check this out

Thanks