Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA: Previously Assigned Job roles disappeared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dear!

Recently I have implemented CUA in our SAP System landscape.

I have one issue with it that I am unable to see the previously assigned Job roles to the users .

Can some one advice me how to resolve it?

Regards

Saqib

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please elaborate more. Have you synchronized user master records from child systems to using SCUG. before this you need to synchronize company codes using SCUC. if this has already been done and if you have created a new user by copying the roles from this user then CUA deletes the roles of a source user. Please refer in SAP notes to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please elaborate more. Have you synchronized user master records from child systems to using SCUG. before this you need to synchronize company codes using SCUC. if this has already been done and if you have created a new user by copying the roles from this user then CUA deletes the roles of a source user. Please refer in SAP notes to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Dear Gowrinadh

Thanks for the reply. Let me tell you in more detail.

We have already running Servers (Solution manager, DEV, QAS, Since it is our pilot project, so we didnu2019t considered the PRD right now). we are maintaining user administration and Job role administration separately for each Servers.

I have selected DEV Server as a CUA and others as Childs. I have replicated Company address already.

Now when I am going to see existing users assigned job role in CUA (DEV) thru SU01. Its not showing already maintained Job roles. The users are not complaining about any authorizations issue, it means the authorizations are intact in the system.

I hope, I have cleared the scenario now!

Regards

Saqib

0 Kudos

>

> I have selected DEV Server as a CUA and others as Childs.

that is exactly what i would have avoided, if possbile. you say, you have a solution manager hanging around ... i strongly recommend you use this as the CUA master. the reasons being: if you have developers on your DEV and you are doing some development on roles etc, you will always disturb the others, since you have to run PFUD and whatnot jobs while develping roles, maybe ALE scenarios, IDOCs. your SolMan, on the other hand ... is independent. you would disturb no-one, downtimes for maintenance, developments etc. are fewer (in which time you would have no control over the users in your landscape). you could setup a totally different backup strategy, you could synchronize naming conventions/proceedings from the very beginning instead of having to re-design it some day in the future (and that day will come, it always does). since you are at the very beginning of your project, you might want to reconsider ...

but i am off-topic.

>

> Now when I am going to see existing users assigned job role in CUA (DEV) thru SU01. Its not showing already maintained Job roles. The users are not complaining about any authorizations issue, it means the authorizations are intact in the system.

how did you set that up? are you adding single roles per system in DEV or do you have a composite in DEV the singles of which point to the other systems or do you attach them to PPOME? or something totally different?

0 Kudos

Have you synchronized user master records from child systems to CUA using SCUG?

Is this problem appearing for all users? if not check Note 1117530 and 1170022 .

Edited by: Gowrinadh Challagundla on Sep 14, 2009 11:00 AM