cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document flow across the transactions (MM, PP, SD etc..)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have uploaded & checked in drawing/document in CV01N.

I'm attaching this drawing/document in MM01. When I create a PR or PO, I can not see this drawing/document. That means the link of the drawing/document is not flowing to PR or PO.

Same thing is happening with respect to production order too. In this case I had created a document BOM & I have attached it to material BOM. When I create a production order, I can not see document flowing in the production order.

What configuration is required or what I'm missing here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated & rewarded.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

Document will not flow like this. In DMS there are different object for Material, PR, Purchase Order, Production Order and so on... You need to define these object for your document type in DC10.

Regards

Yogesh

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yogesh

I have already defined those objects.

But tell me one thing, As Surya is saying, Document attached in the material master will not flow to PR, PO?

Does it not flow to Planned orders, production orders? (All these things after defining the object types for the document types).

Looking forward to your replies experts.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys, please look in to this issue & give your suggestions/ solutions.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When the document is linked to material then it will not flow to Purchase Requisitio and Purchase Order.

But it flows to Production Order.

Regards

Yogesh

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yogesh

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

I have one more question.

How do you attach a drawing/ document/ pdf file to the BOM? Is it like, you'll attached drawing to header material & child components in the material master itself?

My PP consultant is saying, if he explodes BOM, the system should pick drawings of header material & child components as well. He also says, When he runs MRP, the document should also flow to planned order & PR.

Just give your inputs on this.

Thanks & Regards

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amaresh

Doc attched to material master will not flow to PR created for the same material. Std feature of SAP

doc attached in PR will flow to PO.

DOC attached to BOM will flow to Production order if attached a a line in the document tab page. if u attach in BOM haeder and BOMline item it doesnt flow

DMS doent have any counfiguration for this

Regards

SURYA

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs Surya