cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Interfaces during the related Business Process is alive?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I am currently new in this forum and hope not to ask to simple questions!

My customer evaluates the possiblity to change interface definitions / objects during a related business process is in status "waiting". That means the business process already receive one or more messages and is not yet ended. Then the customer has certain needs caused by the format of the incomming message to change a used interface. It is not yet clear if the interface is the sending or receiving interface. I did some test where I changed interfaces of a running business process and I got corupted files back. Therefore I think it is not recommended to change Interface Objects during they are used in a business process. But now my question: Is there a general recommendation from SAP to not change running BPs? Or could someone of you gives a dedicated technical reason to permit it? I just saw consequences!!

Thanks in Advance

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Changing a business process definition will not affect running instances.

<b>But:</b> Of course you can get some side effects. If your process expects a given structure and the message that is sent to your process instance changes, the signatures of the messages do not longer fit together. This is also true if you sent a message out of your process. Therefore I'd recommend to wait until the running instance has been terminated successfully.

Best regards

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim

Thanks for your answer. It confirmed what I saw in our test enviroment and it will support me at our customer.

Regards Oliver

Answers (0)