Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on configuration....!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Pls clarify my below doubt's

1. Do I need to configure sender XI adapter & sender agreement when my sender is a ECC system sending proxy message?

2. I have configured Business system for differnt clients of ECC and at runtime if both the system sends a same message type to XI, based on the logical & technical system details XI can know which BS has sent that message, but in case of two Business Service sends same message type, how will XI know which BS has sent message?

Thanks for your help....! ! ! ! !......!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>1. Do I need to configure sender XI adapter & sender agreement when my sender is a ECC system sending proxy message?

No..

>>2. I have configured Business system for differnt clients of ECC and at runtime if both the system sends a same message type to XI, based on the logical & technical system details XI can know which BS has sent that message, but in case of two Business Service sends same message type, how will XI know which BS has sent message?

I think you cant go for business service with proxies.. because if the problem you mentioned.. Its always better to use Business system

Regards

Suraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers.

Reg my second question I am using webmethods as a sender. So I have configured two Business system for two different webmethods system. So if the both the webmenthods systems sends the same message type can XI know which system the message has been sent...?

Also in case of receiver/server proxy, I need to configure receiver channel and receiver agreement... can I have two different receiver Proxy sytems by configuring different receiver channels and assigning to the respective scenario....??

I assume that there is not need of creating sender channel & agreement when the sender system post message directly to integration server of XI... for ex when webMethods posts message directly to XI which is similar to ECC posting proxy message.... Please correct me if i am wrong....

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Reg my second question I am using webmethods as a sender. So I have configured two Business system for two different webmethods system. So if the both the webmenthods systems sends the same message type can XI know which system the message has been sent...?

If you have a business system for each of the webmethods then yes.

>>Also in case of receiver/server proxy, I need to configure receiver channel and receiver agreement... can I have two different receiver Proxy sytems by configuring different receiver channels and assigning to the respective scenario....??

Yes you need them and you can have two different systems as receivers.. there you need to specify the parameters in the XI communication channel

>>I assume that there is not need of creating sender channel & agreement when the sender system post message directly to integration server of XI... for ex when webMethods posts message directly to XI which is similar to ECC posting proxy message.... Please correct me if i am wrong....

yes you dont need them.. but i have a basic doubt.. why are you posting it as proxy, cant we have a normal HTTP post?

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.When u configure than u are providing the Sender Business system and message interface name -based on this, the scenario will run. Again all is identified based on Configuration which u did.

2. Same ERP system but to different client -than u have to create the BS in SLD and do the configuration separatly, In XI communication channel u ahve to provide the SAP R3 details for example name, client etc.

I am not sure how web method is sending message to XI in ur case-- becuas proxies are used for connection between Xi and R3.

Chirag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all again...!

webMethods is only using http post... should i require to configire sender channel and agreement for that...

if i duplicate a scenario of sender webmethods A system and change the scenario system with webmethods B system. when the message for any of the system will have the sender interface details as same and how will Xi know from which webmethods system the message has come in....?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>webMethods is only using http post... should i require to configire sender channel and agreement for that...

Not required...

>>if i duplicate a scenario of sender webmethods A system and change the scenario system with webmethods B system. when the message for any of the system will have the sender interface details as same and how will Xi know from which webmethods system the message has come in....?

instead of XI knowing, it is the sender system that knows where to send...

so webmethodA will send to sender service A, interface ABC, namespace xyz and

webmethodB will send to sender service B, interface ABC, namespace xyz

Hope this is clear now

Regards

Suraj

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>webMethods is only using http post... should i require to configire sender channel and agreement for that...

Not required...

>>if i duplicate a scenario of sender webmethods A system and change the scenario system with webmethods B system. when the message for any of the system will have the sender interface details as same and how will Xi know from which webmethods system the message has come in....?

instead of XI knowing, it is the sender system that knows where to send...

so webmethodA will send to sender service A, interface ABC, namespace xyz and

webmethodB will send to sender service B, interface ABC, namespace xyz

Hope this is clear now

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Not Required.

2. usually Business system configuration is done in SLD which is client specific and ur configuration will also be wrt Business system,so it will be executed accordingly. usualy for SAP system we always use Business system instead of service which is physical system.

Chirag.