Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Idocs using PU12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Idoc's. I got a requirement saying that an idoc has to be generated after sucessfull execution of PU12 transaction.

In We05 i am able to see few Logical message types (HROT*).

can any one plz guide me.

Thanks in Advance,

Sharath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

GO THROUGH THIS LINK WHICH WILL GIVE YOU COME IDEA ABOUT THE PU12 TCODE.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/35/b0ea5187a62488e10000009b38f9b7/content.htm

THANKS

MRUTYUN

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

GO THROUGH THIS LINK WHICH WILL GIVE YOU COME IDEA ABOUT THE PU12 TCODE.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/35/b0ea5187a62488e10000009b38f9b7/content.htm

THANKS

MRUTYUN

0 Kudos

Hi Mrutyun,

Thanks for the response. I would like to know the steps that are involved in generating Idocs using PU12 transaction.

Thanks & regards,

Sharath.

0 Kudos

Hi Mrutyunjaya Tripathy,

I came to know after searching the site,that you have worked on PU12. Now i got a requirement to implement PU12 for Latin America and Asia Pacific, which consists of 20 countries. I had understood the functionality of PU12.

But i dont the process how to use PU12.

An idoc has to be generated after executing Pu12 after which the user will check the accuracy of the output in the Idoc, If every thingh is fine then they will transfer the Temse file to the client.

Am totally struck up and help less as no body has any idea about Pu12.Can you plz guide me throught the process.

Thanks in Advance .

Sharath.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to nace transaction and attach an output type for edi messages for your transaction.

IN the output control screen of the transaction,go into furthen characteristics and chose the dispatch option as send immediately when saving.

If you do this, from the next time onwards, you will trigger an idoc whenever you save the transaction.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharath,

Refer following link...they have given step by step process for triggering idoc got Third Party Payroll transfer....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/c4/6bc368fef411d28d0900104b56737d/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a requierement to create a custom IDOC , a Z IDoc , as there is no existing standard IDOC for my requirement.

So can any one help me out the complete procedure to create a IDOC, its segments,backend function module for filling these segments...and remaining stuff...

can any one immediatly respond to this...its very urgent.

Regards,

Nandam

0 Kudos

Hey I have the same requirement, to create a custom segment, Can u please sen the procedure .

Its very very urgent.

Would really appreciate if you can help me out...........

0 Kudos

Guys..any luck? As far as me, there is no way you can add a custom segment to the HROT* msgtypes (unlike the other modules) without changing the standard IDOC program.

But SAP has provided a user exit through which you can add all your Infotype details to the E1HR_CS segment and send it in the IDOC. This is the onlyu possiblity available. If you guys had found an alternative, then please do share the same.

Cheers,

Sam

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have configured PU12, with 2 different blocks in the file format with 2 different structures. The expected o/p is

Line1

Line2

but the o/p what I am getting after file download is

line1 line2 i.e o/p gets concatenated even for diffrent employees. I want to append many lines for a single employee. Can you please help me in this regards.

Eg: I am getting below o/p :00211270US0100211270/101+0000000002 00000

Expected o/p:

00211270US01

00211270/101+0000000002 00000

Thanks.