cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication to Port not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have been trying to syndicate a record to a Port created. When I syndicate it manually to the Port, the message that is displayed is :

File: Writing to Port

1 of 1 records exported

But, the file is not getting written to the port. I have also checked the FTP folder access and it is fine.

Just to mention, I am able to use the same map attached to the port and syndicate the record to another location, for example., my desktop.

Request your help.

Thanks in advance

Ritam Choudhary.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your answers. Firstly, I created new Ports and it worked.

Edited by: Ritam Choudhary on Sep 15, 2009 4:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritam,

Pls check for correct ftp link in Distribution root Dir in mds.ini file. \

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition check whether you are checking correct output folder or not? and also check whether in map properties tab of syndicator you are using correct output remote system (MDM is default). You need to change to respective remote system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bis,

Thanks for your inputs. I am getting emessage "Syndication Succesful" at times too. So, my files are not getting syndicated to the Port at all. Tried looking for Seatch selection criteria too, if any. But that is fine.

Regards,

Ritam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritam,

Hope you are checking at the below path

<MDM Installable Directory>/Server/Distributions/<Databasename_type>/<RepositoryName>/Outbound/<RemoteSystemName>/<PortName>/Ready.

You dont need FTP to send data out from MDM.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check wether you have set the flag "Suppress unchanged records" in map properties. The message is the same when you have selected an unchanged record to syndicate.

Regards

Jutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ritam,

I have encountered same challenge very recently . I was able to syndicate to desktop but with same map i was not able to send to port though the message was" 1 record syndicate successfully". it was happening for 1 particular record only and also when that record was part of a group of records.

Needless to say that the search parameters have to be checked for the syndication map and other settings, bcoz it would not have syndicated to the local system also.

Try to change some parameter in the record which would be of typical value in ECC, then it may syndicate to the port and u will get the idoc.

For me it started working instantaniously.

Reg,

Bis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritham,

When it is working with fip and with your desktop location and NOT with port. There should be problem with the port.

So the simple solution will be to delete the existing port and create the new port.

Let us know if this solution isn't working.

Thanks

Kolusuresh