cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 New Log File Managemt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we stopped TSM and all log_files were put in the faillogarchpath. Because the failarchlogpath was to small, we moved some logs away. After the TSM was working again, all log_files from faillogarchpath were succesfully moved into TSM. Only the files we moved from the faillogarchpath away of cause not. My question. Is it possible with an ibm command to move these files now into the TSM?

Regards,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

try to move the logfiles back into the failarchpath and wait until the next archiving occurs (alternatively trigger it with the "archive log for <db>" command).

Hopefully the logs get archived then.

That's the only possibility I can think of at the moment.

Hans-Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hans-Juergen,

the problem is, that my logfile has the number ..0009 and the TSM has already saved log files with higher numbers. I tried to move the logfile back to failarchpath, but for TSM/DB the logfile is not any more for interest. I also tried to archive the log with our command. But it doesnt work.

Im looking for a command, perhaps db2logmgr, which can save this logfile and update the history file.

Regards

alexander

db2diag.log

===========

2006-05-15-12.33.02.546521+120 E25297148A363 LEVEL: Warning

PID : 51000 TID : 1 PROC : db2logmgr (T03) 0

INSTANCE: db2t03 NODE : 000

FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, data protection, sqlpgCleanFailArchPath, probe:4920

DATA #1 : <preformatted>

Unable to find log file 309 for LOGARCHMETH1. Assume log was archived and continue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

another idea, why not do a level 0 backup of the db? I know, my idea isn't really a solution for your problem, but this problem shouldn't be something that happens too often, otherwise you made something wrong in setting up the filesystems

Regards,

Pascal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please be aware that there also a known defect, when you want to change the FAILARCHPATH (APAR IY82855). This problem will be fixed with V8 FP12.

Regards, Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

this is a limitation. If you change the FAILARCHPATH DB2 only tries to move log file from that path to TSM after TSM becomes available again.

If you run in a disk full in FAILARCHPATH, the only possibility to avoid the problem is to extend the filesystem or create a new filesystem that can hold all the log files and move all log files to this location and change the failarchpath to the new location.

Best regards, Jens