cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMpact of Kernal Upgrade in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to know that in my workplace basis team is planning to perform a Kernal upgrade in SRM.

If they go for it how SRM consultants will come to know what is the application impact related to our current settings

If we need to find out what are the changes that come from one patch level to upgraded patch level where can we find out?

can any one suggest how to proceed in this case?

regards

subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have completed the kernal upgrade at our place. i need to share few points which we need to look in to

1) Org structure changes will not update properly.Need to delete few users and assign them once again

2) You cannot perform SC it shows an errorInvalid field format(screen error)

3) Problems will come with workflow

I have come across these problems.I have one question for you people.when ever i do some changes in org structure i am receving a mail stating that

Alert ID: ##00085##

Please check employee 50000459.

Possible Subsequent Activities

i am not aware whether any report is scheduled in background.If any one had come across the same kindly let me know.

regards

subbu

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subbu,

>

> (...)

> 2) You cannot perform SC it shows an errorInvalid field format(screen error)

> (...)

For this, check in OSS notes with search terms "SRM error after kernel upgrade".

>

> (...)

> I have come across these problems.I have one question for you people.when ever i do some changes in org structure i am receving a mail stating that

>

> Alert ID: ##00085##

>

> Please check employee 50000459.

>

>

> Possible Subsequent Activities

>

> i am not aware whether any report is scheduled in background.If any one had come across the same kindly let me know.

>

> regards

> subbu

Check this thread:

[Disable Alert Triger In SRM|;

Regards.

Laurent.