Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can file adapter pick files sequentially

former_member200339
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Forum,

in XI..............I need to make a scenario to pick files from a folder one at a time (sequentially),

how can i achieve this with a afile adapter,

i tried making a scenario, with a sender agreement having a sender channel having a ftp adapter,

but when it polls, different multiple instances of the sender agreemtn picks multiple files,

can i restrict this, and make this sender agreement and hence the sender channel picks files sequentially one at a time,

thanks,,,....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the use of Advance Selection of Source Files option in your Sender FILE Channel....procedure mentioned here:

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

From the above blog:
See the StartTime: the three one are separated by 10s which correspond to our polling interval. Thus, even if just the needed files 
have been treated by our adapter, files have been in fact sent one by one !!

Havent tried it but from the above statement (and the test screenshot) it looks like the files are picked/ processed with an interval of 10s.

Regards,

Abhishek.

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Processing Sequence (for transport protocol File System (NFS))

If you used placeholders when specifying the file name, define the processing sequence of the files:

1) By Name: Files are processed alphabetically by file name.

2) By Date: Files are processed according to their time stamp in the file system, starting with the oldest file.

Regards

Abhijit

former_member200339
Participant
0 Kudos

see the problem is....if there are 5 files in the folder at a same time, i want XI to pick one file at a time at an interval of 1 minutes, the catch is, all the files are present in the folder at the same time,

i have tried the options u have suggested....but in all cases, all the files i place in the folder are picked up simltanesously

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In tht case, i guess u need to go for BPM. and wait for next file to get picked up..

or u can use OS command option for sequnecing file.

Regards,

Manisha

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>see the problem is....if there are 5 files in the folder at a same time, i want XI to pick one file at a time at an interval of 1 minutes, the catch is, all the files are present in the folder at the same time,

if you try file processing sequence as Name an all the files are made available at teh same time then, they will be picked simultaneously.

>>i have tried the options u have suggested....but in all cases, all the files i place in the folder are picked up simultaneously

Is there a harm in picking the files simultaneously?? I would suggest to fo for Quality of service as EOIO and specify the queue name. then everything will be in order.

Though there wont be the delay of 1 min between the files. Tish you can achieve by writing a batch program which will read all files and move it to the folder (where file adapter is polling) in a sequential manner and that too with your 1 min delay.

Regards

Suraj

former_member200339
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for all ideas................but i need to do it using XI coz of restriction...........

first, writing a batch or unix script will make it platform dependant

second, java will make that task too slow

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>second, java will make that task too slow

But the solution which I proposed didn't have any java involved in it.. Can you go for EOIO mode with Processing sequesnce by Name.

Also for getting one minute delay in output you can the event driven message processing

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7a/00143f011f4b2ee10000000a114084/content.htm

Other alternative will be to design the interface with BPM. But that adds to the overhead

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can use transport protocol as NFS and then in process tab u will get on option as processing sequence . select whichever is suitable for u.

Regards,

Manisha