cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP processing files mutliple times

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue, regarding the ftp scenario. I have configured the Quality of Service to "Exactly Once", Poll interval 120 seconds. I doubt that its performing as desired, because I see many files were processed many times.

My question is whats is the purpose of Exactly once and Exactly once in order. what if poll interval is small and execution overlaps i.e. first process in execution and poll interval reaches for second execution and so forth?

I want that any file written should be read once only.

Quick responses will be highly appreciated.

Jawed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Exactly once indicates that the only one instance will be get executed at a time. It doesn't mean that each file will be executed only once.

The files were read multiple times because the Process Mode is set as Test. Thus after every polling interval of "120" seconds. It will read the file.

The processing Mode Test will not delete/archive the file. Even in case of FTP protocol, it will not change the file attribute to Read only mode. (It works only with NFS)

Either use OS command to change the file attribute to Read only mode after processing

Or use the processing mode as Archive to another location / Delete.

thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have processing mode set to archive, which is working just fine but as I said:

Poll interval is small and execution overlaps i.e. first process in execution and poll interval reaches for second execution and so forth?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

>>Poll interval is small and execution overlaps i.e. first process in execution and poll interval reaches for second execution and so forth?

In EO case

1. all files from first process will be available (say 10).

2. second process starts (say 5 files from 1st process are still there to be processed) and 5 files are made available to XI

3. now XI need to process total 10 file

So in-total there were 15 files and all will be processed once and for each of them there will be an output from XI. But there is no guarantee that the first 10 files (of 1st process) will be delivered first and then the 5 files (2nd file)

In EOIO case

1. all files from first process will be available (say 10 files are available).

2. Since the mode is EOIO, all files are punt into one queue (say INPUTQUEUEU)

3. second process starts (say 5 files from 1st process are still there to be processed in INPUTQUEUE) and 5 files are made available to XI

4. They will also be appended to the end of the INPUTQUEUE.

3. Now XI need to process total 10 file

So in-total there were 15 files and all will be processed once and for each of them there will be an output from XI. Since they were fed into single queue INPUTQUEUE, there is a guarantee that the first 10 files (of 1st process) will be delivered first and then the 5 files (2nd file)

In both case the Read files need to be archived

Regards

Suraj

Edited by: S.R.Suraj on Sep 11, 2009 2:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the polling interval might have affected in this case.

you can use the EOIO quality service. Refer SAP Note 821267 question 12

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got your point but this only solves small part of my problem.

is there any way to stop process from reading and queuing those 5 remaining files in 2nd process?

If this can be done using OS command, do let me know how?

OS = Suse Linux

Jawed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is one option available in Sender FTP channel "Process Mode" --> Set to Read-Only

It will processe the writable files and will change the permission of file to read only.

that will solve the purpose. Even no need of any OS commands

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (0)