cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablespace & Datafile Autoextend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm bit confused with the information shown in DB02. We are using SAP with Oracle 10g on HP-UX.

If I turn one data file autoextend off, the tablespace will change its' autotextend status from ON to OFF. But when I turn on the autoextend for that data file again, the tablespace autoextend won't change, it still shows OFF. What is the rationale behind this? How do I change the autoextent status for the table space? What is the purpose of tablespace autoextend?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After changing the auto extend on once again, please run the report RSORAT0D or refresh the screen from DB02OLD or DB02.and see if the status changes

You have to click on refresh button in DB02 to run the report RSORAT0D, it will show you the latest updates in database.

Thanks,

Shambo

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Purpose of Auto Extend is to increase the tablespace size whenever required runtime.

"Increament by" in Auto extend mode determines by how much size it should increase the tablespace size when requirement comes. General settings is 20 MB.

So, if you have i tablespace with Initial Size 10 GB, Maximum Size 20GB and Increament by 20M ..then although the initial size of the tablespace is 10 GB, when ever requirement comes it can extend itself uptp 20 GB.

But before setting the max size limit, you should consider the space available in Hard Disk.

After changing the auto extend on once again, please run the report RSORAT0D or refresh the screen from DB02OLD or DB02.

and see if the status changes.