cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported SCAs not shown in system information

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the CMS, I checked-in a Biller Direct SCA and several SCAs that were listed as required. Then, in the "Development tab", I selected the SCAs and pressed import. The status in CMS dev tab now says "imported".

However, when I go to the Component Info for my development system (which was specified as the dev runtime system for this track), I don't see the new components that imported, nor do I see an update of SP level for an SCA where I imported a higher level.

Can someone explain where these SCAs were imported? Have changes been deployed to my dev system? Wouldn't that be reflected in system component info?

This page describes the import functionality:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3c/d54313016540d6bfc43a96b19aa453/content.htm

It says that when you perform the import:

1. The CMS imports the source code into the appropriate repository (DTR or XI).

2. The CMS imports the archives into the corresponding CBS buildspace and triggers the activation of the imported changes. A central build is performed for the source code in the CBS. If a runtime system has been configured, the source code is deployed here automatically.

I am confused because I have no indication that the SCAs were deployed to my runtime system. Perhaps I am confused by what is meant by "runtime system". I think of it as my development instance of Biller Direct, which is the host I provided in the track configuration.

I will award many points to those who can help me understand this better.

- Michelle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Development and Consolidation stages only DCs (contained in the SCs/built from the sources) are deployed to the runtime systems. Hence you will not see an SCA update in the system's Component Info page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for distinction between the DC and the SC. Does it logically follow that nothing will be deployed until I have actually done development/modification of a DC in NWDS?

I ask because some of the SCAs that I have imported are the wrong version. I would like to delete my track and start over, importing the correct versions of the SCAs. Since i haven't started development, I don't believe there would be any impact to this. True?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still wondering if DCs were deployed to my runtime system when I imported the SCs from SAP using CMS, and if there is any impact to deleting the track and rebuilding with a different version of SCs.

Would appreciate your help on this and provide more points.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I have posted another question, I marked the thread "unanswered". This requires me to post this additional message.

Edited by: Michelle Wetzier on Sep 11, 2009 5:34 PM