cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat IDoc to Retail backend system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a flat file, representing ORDERS01 IDoc transaction. Part of the file is listed below as an example. On the back-end I have a SAP Retail Management System, that should consume this purchase order and do something with it.

Question: how to do that in the most easy way?

From what I was told SAP Retail system can only receive data through RFC or IDoc channels. Is there any way to just pick up this file from the local system and send using IDoc or RFC adapter not defining any mapping, but just letting Retail system to parse and understand the data?

If there is any example for such case, I'll appreciate the link.

Thanks,

Maxim.

-

Example of the Flat IDoc ORDERS01 file -

EDI_DC40 2 ORDERS ...

E2EDK01003 USD 1.00000 ...

E2EDK14 008BIC...

E2EDK14 00600 ...

E2EDK14 00702 ...

E2EDK14 012ZOR ...

E2EDKA1002 AG 000024588 xxx ...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's not exactly what I was looking for. The article shows how to translate Flat IDoc to XML. I'm looking for something different. I have a Retail back-end system that can consume Flat IDoc, which I have. However, I'm curious how to transfer the IDoc file sitting on the filesystem to that remote Retail system through the IDoc adapter.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

>>That's not exactly what I was looking for. The article shows how to translate Flat IDoc to XML. I'm looking for something different.

I guess that is th blog you should refer. I will explain why...

>>I have a Retail back-end system that can consume Flat IDoc, which I have. However, I'm curious how to transfer the IDoc file sitting on the filesystem to that remote Retail system through the IDoc adapter.

Picking the flat IDOC from Retail can be done by File Adapter and then using the modules (as per the blog), the flat Idoc will be converted to XML Idoc so that XI can understand the structure.

Now by using a Receiver IDoc adapter this XMLized Idoc is again send to the remote Retail system.

Hope this is clear now

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the above mentioned solution may solve your purpose. But in this case you will be using JCA connection to pass IDOC XMl data to SAP system not through IDOC adapter..

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suraj, I'll check this out.

Thanks,

Maxim.

Edited by: Maxim Abramsky on Sep 16, 2009 1:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

Please do exactly as mentioned in this blog:

/people/william.li/blog/2009/04/01/how-to-use-user-module-for-conversion-of-idoc-messages-between-flat-and-xml-formats

Regards,

---Satish