cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SARA is not archiving all the records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to archive the archiving object PM_EQUI, which has a table EQUI. Now, this table has around 5000 records in the EQUNR range 1000000 to 1103149, which I want to archive.

I maintain this range in the WRITE Variant, and run the job. But this doesn't archive the whole 5000 records, it just archives some 22 records. All other records are still available in the table.

I have set the Archive file size as 100MB, and left the max number of objects field empty in the customizing. But the archive file created is of just 80KB, and the number of records archived and deleted is just 22.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Have you already archived the dependent objects for PM_EQUI?

Have a look at the documentation for checks and dependencies for PM_EQUI Link:[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/bc/c2963457889b37e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm]

Also refer to the network graphic in SARA for the sequence to be followed before archiving PM_EQUI and the write job log (spool) whether it gives any messages as to why the records were not archived.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Looking at the Network Graphic in SARA, how can I know the sequence of archiving? Everything except PM_EQUI is shown as red.

The Write job log spool doesn't mention anything about the missing records:

*******************************************************************************************

11.09.2009 Equipment Archiving: Generate Archive File 1

Summary

Archiving Session Number 000028

Number of Written Data Objects 6

Size of Archiving Session in MB 0.030

Proportion of Header Data in % 73.0

Occupied Database Space in MB 0.020

- Tables 0.014

- Indexes 0.005

- Structures 0.001

Type No.

Description

ADARCH_KT1 6

Key Table for Archiving Class (Type

ADARCH_RT1 6

Reference Table for Archiving Class

CRFH 6

CIM production resource/tool master

CRID 6

CIM Resource - Entities

EQKT 6

Equipment Short Texts

EQUI 6

Equipment master data

EQUZ 6

Equipment time segment

ILOA 6

PM Object Location and Account Assig

JCDS 24

Change Documents for System/User Sta

JEST 24

Individual Object Status

JSTO 6

Status object information

*******************************************************************************************

Please let me know how to proceed on this.

Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

If all the other objects are red in the network graphic, it means you have not archived any of those objects. The sequence to be followed is to start archiving from the first object on the left side of the graphic till you reach the right most object PM_EQUI.

Before an equipment can be archived, archive program will determine if it is in use elsewhere in the system. Also the euipment should have the deletion flag and deletion indicator set before being archived. Refer to the documentation in the previous post for more info.

You could run the pre-processing program in test mode with 'Detailed Log' checked to get the log for list of equipments.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

on http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/EN/8d/3e623f462a11d189000000e8323d3a/frameset.htm you will find which objects/documents are checked. this is quite a lot. you have to archive/delete all dependencies before you can archive PM_EQUI. the prepare run will at least enable you to get deletion flags set in the equipments selected. please keep in mind that - if you have hierachical equipments (BOMs) the archiving has to check on every level of the BOM separately.